New Addition

Help Support Steer Planet:

kimbaljd

We got an addition to our family as my Daughter calls it. She was just weaned and is needing some feed. But she seems to be a nice little heifer. As you can probably tell we are living in swamp land at the moment. Every time it starts to dry out we end up getting 8 to 12 inches of rain. That has happened two weekends in a row now.

Attachments

• CIMG2643A.jpg
    CIMG2643A.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 225
  • CIMG2652A.jpg
    CIMG2652A.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 192

stangs13

She looks good! Congrats on the new one. We will be getting a new one this summer as well. Whos she from?

kimbaljd

We got her from some friends in Brenham. Been friends for quite a while. They did us pretty fair I feel. I really like her a lot. I know most of the people on here are not big into the eared cattle market. We are kinda fond of them.

shortyjock89

I don't know if it counts, but my lady wants a Brimmer and a Herf for pets!  She just loves the extra skin and their ears.

TJ

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I don't know if it counts, but my lady wants a Brimmer and a Herf for pets!  She just loves the extra skin and their ears.

If all she wants is extra skin & ears, there is a Mini Zebu herd less than 2 miles from me.  I'm not a Mini Zebu fan (unless you like 350 lb. cows), but if all she wants is a pet, that may be the way to go.  Now if you want a recip, that is a different story.  But, if you did that, I think that I'd try to get her to go along with a Santa Gert or a Beef Master over a 100% Bramha, especially with you living that far north.   

stangs13

kimbaljd said:
We got her from some friends in Brenham. Been friends for quite a while. They did us pretty fair I feel. I really like her a lot. I know most of the people on here are not big into the eared cattle market. We are kinda fond of them.

Its quite the opposite! I would rather show english or continental heifers and day though. It is a heck of a lot easier to groom and maintain a american calf..