New Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbh

kfacres said:
Simmy, straight= hind leg

He's not even remotely straight......I'm just took some video footage of him today and should have it done in a few days. Thanks, Brad.

kfacres

I will waiting to see it....  Did Star Power breed any power into this calf.. Simi friends of mine say he was deathly narrow, and flat from behind...  Just what I heard though..

Show Steaks

This bull looks cool. I like his picture as well as the denver bull "Chopper".... would  be interesting to see either of these bulls moving and rear view.... I have also heard that star power is a profile appealing bull and gives up from behind. ...I always think to myself the best pictures coem from the side why look better anywhere else, and anyway he is a maternal bull not really a terminal sire.

kfacres

Dude, Pretty sure this isn't the first arguement you have been in this week!  Don't you hate it when all the hate is surounded around you...  

I've posted pics of my cattle on here before, never heard you say a word about them.. Musta been to good to do that.  

No but seriously, I just asked a question, and gave an opinion... Sure you have one of your own...  I'm just a poor little ole, college boy who does some judging, states some opinions, and askes some questions.  How's a guy supposed to learn if questions are never asked.. Cause the good, valuable info never gets shared willingly

Jody

I've never seen Star Power, just from what I heard from a past Denver Judging Contest winner, my buddy.  I have saw Chopper, and he does give it up from behind.... Still has his place in teh industry though. 

doubled

hes coooolllll

like his look, and like the picture not so fake looking

JoeDirt

jbh said:
kfacres said:

He's not even remotely straight......I'm just took some video footage of him today and should have it done in a few days. Thanks, Brad.

SHARE IT WITH ALL OF US .......PLEASE

jbh

kfacres said:
I will waiting to see it....  Did Star Power breed any power into this calf.. Simi friends of mine say he was deathly narrow, and flat from behind...  Just what I heard though..
\\

If you remotely like the picture.....you'll love him in the video.  Don't get me wrong, he's not perfect.....but he looks so different from the way he should, according to pedigree, that it's spooky! (and yes he's been DNA'd)  If someone asked me to describe what a calf out of a Dream On son and a Dr. Who/SmAn cow would look like,  I would bet $100 he'd be plain necked.....huge bodied, bordering on slab sided and very maternal appearing.

Power 2 Change looks like a really good Full Flush x Heat Seeker.....GO FIGURE.....but then again, Heat Seeker should have looked like a big, tall, narrow, jack ass, without much hair  according to his pedigree! lol  P2C has enough of everything....quarter, bone and top.....but will not blow you away with his power.....he will blow you away with his completeness and uniqueness.

jbh

100Million said:
jbh said:
kfacres said:

SHARE IT WITH ALL OF US .......PLEASE

I'll let you all know when it's done and up.  Thanks for your interest.

jbh

CJC said:
Brad

With SP x DR Who do you think he is going to be a calving ease bull?

When I built this ad I was feeling real comfortable with his calving ease.  He was raised by Potters, who raise seedstock and are honest as the day is long, and they said he was unassisted and weighed 69-70# at birth.  P2C also has calving ease Simmental and Angus in his extended pedigree....BUT.......I've been hearing lately that there are two sides to Star Power....the lite bw, somewhat spindly calves....and some that are coming out STOUT boned and definitely NOT calving ease.  Funny what getting THOUSANDS of units of semen stuck in cows can drudge up!  I've been told by reliable sources that Star Power's mother is one STOUT BONED female, hence when her influence shows up instead of Dream On's.....Katie bar the door! (and cash a bigger check!)

LN

I used SP and I would not recommend him as CE for heifers. Cows, no problem.

All of the calves are developing nicely, not a bad one in the bunch. I'd just like to see a little more depth, but they're still young. I'll have to post some pics soon.