New calf for 2008 February Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

(cow)  My steer Twister is a October calf.  He is out of Paddy O Malley.   What do you think of him.      (cow)

Attachments

• IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 398

knabe

i'm not around the show game much, but that's the first black and white paddy i've seen.  seems a little faint on bone to the ones i've seen, but i'm not knocking that, i think they can look pretty knobby sometimes. he's got a decent amount of muscle in the back 1/2 of his body, again moderated from the paddy's i've seen.  head looks like a steer rather than an androgenous heifer.  nicer shoulder than the one's i've seen too.  decently clean ankle area, does he have flex there behind in his pasterns, they seem kinda short?  in other words do they ever have a delayed flex because they might be too straight?  he looks good.  why did you move the nose strap down on his nose?

anybody have carcass info on the paddy's?

OH Breeder

I am not sure where you are located, looks like it is hot. He seems to be pretty green to me. He looks like he is growing. For some reason he looks like he might be a little over in his front or maybe its the way he is standing. think he is pretty cool necked. I would keep feeding him and work on rinsing and growing some more hair. Looks like he will make a good fat steer.
I am not sure if you use a roto brush, but it does help a ton with hair on the legs. The calves get so use to it they like it on there body. We had a fat steer last year as soon as he would hear the drill he would start looking for the roto. We used a synthetic brush they tend to last longer. The steer we had loved it on his body as well as his legs. If you need more advice on that just say something.

SKF

I LOVE  him  he should of got 1 good job anyway O0 :) (clapping) (cow)