New Calf Pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowmanQ

Had a heifer calf born Wednesday night. She is the first calf born out of our herd bull, (Res. Champion Junior Bull at the 2007 Ohio Shorthorn Association State Show) her dam is a first calf, Teddy Bear(PB Shorthorn) X angus, heifer.

Attachments

• New calves 007.jpg
    New calves 007.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 542
  • New calves 008.jpg
    New calves 008.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 551
  • New calves 016.jpg
    New calves 016.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 542

Jenny

What is this business with dandelions in bloom and grass actually growing????
We are in South Dakota and in the western part of the state, roads are closed because of a blizzard!
We just have rain and supposed have an inch of snow tonight.

Nice calf!

showgirl2010

Shes heavy on one leg...off balanced with color.  But very nice pattern. 

Oh ya we have been having good weather excluding today of course.  Possibility of tornadoes.  It has been coming a gulley washer since morning and has not slacked a bit.  Feel like I am starting to float down stream.  LOL

Jamie

OH Breeder

red said:
chrome is hot now in Ohio!
well then all my painted up calves should do well this year. One all black, three baldys, 5 black and white loud markings, one red white and two roans.

Q-
Calf looks great. Healthy! Like the chrome as well. Length of body and clean made. Give her some time to fill out.
I know Red always looks at eyes, so this one is for her. the only thing is her eyes look a little mean. :-\

red

OH Breeder said:
red said:
chrome is hot now in Ohio!
well then all my painted up calves should do well this year. One all black, three baldys, 5 black and white loud markings, one red white and two roans.

Q-
Calf looks great. Healthy! Like the chrome as well. Length of body and clean made. Give her some time to fill out.
I know Red always looks at eyes, so this one is for her. the only thing is her eyes look a little mean. :-\

she looks ornery to me! like she's just planning to get into trouble.

Red

ShowmanQ

Thanks for the kind words OHB. We are excited, we didnt really expect the herd bull to do quite that for our program, but we will take it (lol)
Red, I hope your "eye theory" doesnt hold up, I dont want much trouble come breakin time ;)

ShowmanQ

Thanks for the input from everyone!! She is coming right along now, finally starting to run around instead of stagger and mope around. I think her bone mass caused her joints to be sore, she is moving much free'er(sp haha) now.