New Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I know for those that have alot of cattle, new calves aren't always something you run out & take a picture of. But for some of us, we love to share off our babies.
I know Showcattlegirl had a picture of her first calf on another thread.
So post your picture's with a little blurb on what they are out of & any other information! (cow)

This is Taffy. She was born 2/4 & weighs 80 pounds. She is a heifer out of Cherry Bomb & my Foreplay cow called the Tank.  She is having a little problem with the cold but is doing better.
Red

Attachments

• Taffy.jpg
    Taffy.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 438

Joe Boy

I am so sorry about your loss.  I am sure it is due to the weather.  I had  to get medicine from the vet to save our last one born in this weather.  I am ready for winter to be over.  I think global warming has gone into recession.... :mad:

red

no, she got trampled or kicked by one of the cows. Had a cow come in heat & the others acted like lunatics.
Red
If you ever have any more pictures you want me to post, send them.

showcattlegal

Sorry to here about that red she was a good calf. I'm waiting on our next baby.I try not to have them this early because our fair is later, but i bought some breds from the sidwell production sale. Most of my calves will be at the end of March. So i will post the only one have. Habenaro out of a Payoff cow.

Attachments

• 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 359

genes

No pictures unfortunately (I did get Mom a mini digital for Christamas, with a side motive that maybe she could learn to email pictures.  But with the weather I don't expect her to take off mittens for photography).

But I talked to Dad today, still very cold, and they've had 6 calves plus lost one :(    I guess she was a surprise that wasn't put in, but instead of having it in the straw or shelter, she had it into a snowbank.  :-\  Sometimes......

Then with the other ones he had some crazy cross fostering.  He had to take one calf away from Ma to warm up, and when he put her back, she was dangerous with it and he had to take it away.  Threw it in with the cow who lost hers just to see, and she took it no problem.  Then one of my old show heifers, Bliss, calved and somehow he found out that the cow he had just stolen from was interested in that calf, and thought that Bliss would be much easier to milk and foster on any spare calves that came along later, so gave hers away.  Well the very next day, an old cow that he had kept basically to provide a spare calf, calved, and Bliss took it no problem.  Confusing as heck..he had to explain parts of it twice to me.  He's lucky everyone was so easily accepting  :p   

So now the question is, since Bliss is mine and her foster calf is out of Dad's cow, then do I just get to pick whichever one I like better in fall?  ;D