new cattle website

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I sure think you have some very good ideas about the type cow an reducing cow's cost an imput an I like the general look of your cow's. But my views are that we need people raising good producing cows like this an producers need to buy them from you an use in a crossbreeding program , from my view use Charolais bulls, that will present added pounds to your cow's production an also a better product for the feeder an the packing operations .  But  the average producer have the idea they must raise their own females .  AN I guess it's their money but this is not the most efficient program.  Some of the big outfits that studying numbers an profitability are doing this an other big outfit's are producing the females they need.  Some of them are using the Red Angus cow's because they have not gotten so crazy about growth an milk an have kept most of their breed  consistent with the breed's goals, a productive cow with more year's doing it .  My Charolais cow's outlast my Angus cow's in years of productivity .  Sorry to ramble on , but your cattle an idea's have a lot of merit .

GR55949

Freddy:

I do not disagree with you. There are many many bulls, Angus and others, that can be used on efficient cows to make better feedlot animals. We are in the business of producing females that are effiicient converters of roughages to milk. We will let others produce the terminal bulls to be used on our cows. Effiicent females are not easy to find anymore and producing them appears to becoming a lost art.

Knabe:

the 108 cow pictures you asked for is below.

Attachments

• 108 2009 resize.JPG
    108 2009 resize.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 150

knabe

thanks,

looks like you raised her as your freeze brands are lower than if you bought her from you know who?  just goes to show you don't need a steery looking female to get muscle expression in a bull.  good job.

GR55949

knabe:

The muscle in the calf you refer to comes from his sire.  Having bulls that transmit muscle helps!!