new coach for nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
6,417
Location
western kansas
I heard they were thinking about bill snyder. Just think he could do with 3 and 4 star recruites that nebraska always gets.
 

Turkey Creek Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
207
I Think, like most Husker fans I am extremely glad that T.O. did away with Billy.      I have heard rumors of Bo Polini coming back from LSU. He would be a great choice in my opinion because as the defensive corodinator for one of the best teams in the nation, he could really help our defense out which is what we really need.


All i know is that any one can be better than bill was.
 

pigguy

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
662
Location
kansas
Turkey Creek Ranch said:
I have heard rumors of Bo Polini coming back from LSU.

Thats what i heard, and there is supposed to be one of his players comeing also, quarterback, or running back, i think but im not sure?

Oh yeha and this year the huskers suck the only good team they have is there Volleyball team
 

Turkey Creek Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
207
haha.....that is a good point on the volleyball.    I have not heard about any players coming with him, but that would be great.    My hopes are we go back to the option.  Put Joe Gans at QB again and put Quintain Castille in as HB, idk bout you but that would be one heck of a pair.

I am looking forward to next season with the new coach, only thing i can hope for is that the new coach cleans out the entire coaching staff and starts fresh......i would for sure do away with Cosgrove, i mean look what he did to our black shirts.
 

ELBEE

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
635
Location
Blue Rapids, Kansas
A stadium named after him in Manhattan, then coaching in Lincoln?  :eek:  How interesting!

Alumni are turning in their graves as we speak.
 

shortdawg

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
6,520
Location
Georgia
They should take a look at Will Muschamp from Auburn. He is a former UGA player who is now the Defensive Coordinator at Auburn. He's a tough guy who could really make someone a good coach IMHO.
 

TJ

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
2,036
shortdawg said:
They should take a look at Will Muschamp from Auburn. He is a former UGA player who is now the Defensive Coordinator at Auburn. He's a tough guy who could really make someone a good coach IMHO.

I agree with Shortdawg.  Auburn knows how to play defense!!  All Muschamp would need to do is to hire a solid OC & he would be an ideal fit, IMHO. 
 

AAOK

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
5,264
Location
Rogers, Ar
The word from my Arkansas sources is that Houston Nutt is having all his White A changed to N on all his Red caps, shirts, and Jackets.
 

TJ

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
2,036
AAOK said:
The word from my Arkansas sources is that Houston Nutt is having all his White A changed to N on all his Red caps, shirts, and Jackets.

Didn't he turn down Nebraska last time to stay at Arkansas?  I think he did, but I have a feeling that things would be different if he was offered by Nebraska again. 
 

pigguy

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
662
Location
kansas
calahan is gone, they said before if he won more then half eh would saty, if he got half they would think about, if he lost more then half, he would be gone, so he new it was comeing ;D
 

jason

Administrator
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
3,046
Location
Emporia, Kansas
Just heard a rumor that Houston Nutt is being bought out today at Arkansas, so they will be looking for a new coach.  Michigan and Nebraska will get first choice I believe, but I believe Arkansas is a bigger job than a&m.
 

TJ

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
2,036
After doing some thinking... if I was Nebraska, I'd take a looong look at Ron Zook.  Excellent recruiter & he's not a bad coach at all.  He got a bum deal at Florida, IMHO & he beat #1 rated Ohio State @ Illinois.  Look at what he has done in a short time @ Illinois. 

IMHO, I'd rather have Zook over Pelini & Nutt & this is coming from an SEC fan who has followed all of them.  I mean Pelini had how many future NFL defensive players?  And they still lost 4 games in 2 years!!  LSU & Miles/Pelini only had the most talented team in the USA, 2 years in a row, & they finishing 10-2 each time with all that talent!! 

I say... "hire Ron Zook"! 

 

shortyjock89

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
4,465
Location
IL
TJ said:
After doing some thinking... if I was Nebraska, I'd take a looong look at Ron Zook.  Excellent recruiter & he's not a bad coach at all.  He got a bum deal at Florida, IMHO & he beat #1 rated Ohio State @ Illinois.  Look at what he has done in a short time @ Illinois. 

IMHO, I'd rather have Zook over Pelini & Nutt & this is coming from an SEC fan who has followed all of them.  I mean Pelini had how many future NFL defensive players?  And they still lost 4 games in 2 years!!  LSU & Miles/Pelini only had the most talented team in the USA, 2 years in a row, & they finishing 10-2 each time with all that talent!! 

I say... "hire Ron Zook"! 

Hey now...you leave Zook out of your crazy Husker talk...I hope he doesn't even think about movin' his rear outta Champaign.  I think we (students at the college) want a little more than one good year out of him first our precious Chief is taken from us, and then you want to strip us of our demi-god of a coach? I can see it now.."40,000 angry U of I students March on Lincoln to reclaim their beloved football coach..."..But thanks for the compliment lol!!!
 

TJ

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
2,036
shortyjock89 said:
TJ said:
After doing some thinking... if I was Nebraska, I'd take a looong look at Ron Zook.  Excellent recruiter & he's not a bad coach at all.  He got a bum deal at Florida, IMHO & he beat #1 rated Ohio State @ Illinois.  Look at what he has done in a short time @ Illinois. 

IMHO, I'd rather have Zook over Pelini & Nutt & this is coming from an SEC fan who has followed all of them.  I mean Pelini had how many future NFL defensive players?  And they still lost 4 games in 2 years!!  LSU & Miles/Pelini only had the most talented team in the USA, 2 years in a row, & they finishing 10-2 each time with all that talent!! 

I say... "hire Ron Zook"! 

Hey now...you leave Zook out of your crazy Husker talk...I hope he doesn't even think about movin' his rear outta Champaign.  I think we (students at the college) want a little more than one good year out of him first our precious Chief is taken from us, and then you want to strip us of our demi-god of a coach? I can see it now.."40,000 angry U of I students March on Lincoln to reclaim their beloved football coach..."..But thanks for the compliment lol!!!

shortyjock89... I figured that I'd get a rise out of the Illini fans!!  But, seriously, if I was a Nebraska fan (which I am not... I am jumping for joy that we might be stealing a few Nebraska recruits!!), I think that I would lobby hard for Ron Zook.  Maybe even start a website... www.hireronzook.com   ;)  (clapping)  Of course, if I was an Illini fan, I would do all that I could to make sure that Zook stays in Illinois.

Tommy Tubberville would be another good choice, that is, if you made him hire a proven OC, and he could be pried away from Auburn.  However, I have a feeling that he is LSU bound once Miles lands @ Michigan & Pelini lands at Nebraska.   ;) 

Brian Kelley @ Cincinnatti is another excellent choice.  ;)  shortyjock89... if Zook leaves, he's is your man (he can recruit Big 10 country too) & no, I am not kidding.  He can flat out coach!! 

However, I doubt that Osborne is going to hire me as a consultant/search committe, so I bet none of my suggestions will be explored, but IMHO, Muschamp, Zook, Tubberville & Kelley will likely produce better results than Pelini, but again, that is JMHO. 

 

shortyjock89

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
4,465
Location
IL
Ahhh....TJ, you knew you would get me all riled up...but thats alright...lol...  Honestly, it's hard to argue with your logic, but other than Zook, I think that Kelley would be the next best choice, that is, if Tubberville does end up at LSU. Illinois is finally doing some stuff right, I'm glad that someone finally thinks we have someone in charge worth stealing lol!!
 

TJ

Well-known member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
2,036
shortyjock89 said:
Ahhh....TJ, you knew you would get me all riled up...but thats alright...lol...  Honestly, it's hard to argue with your logic, but other than Zook, I think that Kelley would be the next best choice, that is, if Tubberville does end up at LSU. Illinois is finally doing some stuff right, I'm glad that someone finally thinks we have someone in charge worth stealing lol!!

Right before Illinois offered Zook the HC job, I heard that Zook was seriously considering becoming an assistant @ Kentucky, if he didn't get a HC job that he liked.  You just don't know how much I wish that he had come to UK as an assistant, even if it had only been for a year or 2!!  I am not at all surprised at what is happening in Champagne... I mean he only recruited Florida's national champion team last year!!  The only reason he still isn't at Florida is because he replaced Steve Spurrier & Florida football fans are even more irrational than some of Kentucky's basketball fans & that is saying a mouthful!!  So be proud because Zook is going to win big in IL, especially since they are in the Big 10. 

 

rtnok

Well-known member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
115
The rumor I heard was that Bo was the first one interviewed and they were also looking at Turner Gil. rtnok
 
Top