New Computer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Dad

OK, I finally wore out the old Powerbook G4 laptop I bought in 2003. So I decided to get in the saucer and pick up (abduct) a new MacBook Pro. I downsized to a 13" screen model so it won't take up much room on the command console of the saucer. It is also light enough to balance on one tentacle. Also the new track pad has the click button underneath the hole pad. Making it much easier for Princess (family Corgi) to twitter (whatever that is). Also, the backlit keyboard is a plus when on a late night snack run.

(Besides, this computer was recommended by my friends over at hulu.com)
<alien>

PS Got a free Ipod with it too. Already uploaded my favorite movie from Itunes! I just love Terran technology.

Simmymom1

YOU ARE SUCH AN ALIEN!!!  <alien>  <alien>  Now get to typing......  Lisa 

dori36

SD said:
OK, I finally wore out the old Powerbook G4 laptop I bought in 2003. So I decided to get in the saucer and pick up (abduct) a new MacBook Pro. I downsized to a 13" screen model so it won't take up much room on the command console of the saucer. It is also light enough to balance on one tentacle. Also the new track pad has the click button underneath the hole pad. Making it much easier for Princess (family Corgi) to twitter (whatever that is). Also, the backlit keyboard is a plus when on a late night snack run.

(Besides, this computer was recommended by my friends over at hulu.com)
<alien>

PS Got a free Ipod with it too. Already uploaded my favorite movie from Itunes! I just love Terran technology.

Hey, I'm getting ready to do the same thing.  I, too, am using my old PowerBook G4, 15 inch screen.  I'm curious if you find the smaller screen a detriment in any way.  Also, how did you manage to get the iPod?  I checked on the Mac shopping site but didn't figure I qualified for the iPod.  I already have one but it's an oldie, too. 

Show Dad

Simmymom I just love to type long replies to topics on the planet but find my ADD gets in ........I've always wondered how on Giligan's Island they made coconut cream pies. Like where did they get the cream?

Dori if you go to the Apple store they have a promotion going on. As long as you are buying through their educational program.  As for the screen size I didn't find it a detriment but did notice it though. I already needed to adjust the display font size because of poor eye sight (spent to much time reading star charts). The over all foot print of the computer takes some getting adjusted to as well. Not that it's bad quite the opposite. It is just a change. You will love the screen's ability to sense changes in room light levels and automatically adjust its brightness. Apple did their homework.

dori36

SD said:
Simmymom I just love to type long replies to topics on the planet but find my ADD gets in ........I've always wondered how on Giligan's Island they made coconut cream pies. Like where did they get the cream?

Dori if you go to the Apple store they have a promotion going on. As long as you are buying through their educational program.  As for the screen size I didn't find it a detriment but did notice it though. I already needed to adjust the display font size because of poor eye sight (spent to much time reading star charts). The over all foot print of the computer takes some getting adjusted to as well. Not that it's bad quite the opposite. It is just a change. You will love the screen's ability to sense changes in room light levels and automatically adjust its brightness. Apple did their homework.

I don't qualify to buy through the education program so I'll just stay plugged into my old iPod!  Thanks for the opinion on the smaller size.  I'm going to bite the bullet and order one.  I guess if I can type/send/compose on my smartphone, the 13 inch Mac shouldn't be a problem.