New Cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

gilbert07

So i just got some good news, the cow i bid on i ended up gettting her...She is a 5 year old cow out of RC Budsmydad 225 and is 4 months preg. with the Charolais Show Bull of the year D&D INXS who is out of LT Wyoming Wind...has some of the best pedigrees in the Charolais Breed...i guess good things come to those who wait...

bradycreek

(clapping)...there you go. A good 5 yo should produce lots of good calves for you in the coming years.
Good luck
don

gilbert07

Here are some pics of the cow...we are going to either breed her to heat wave or a son of heat wave or back to a charolais if she has a bull...if any one thinks diff. please let me know..thanks.

Attachments

• maddie, annie and destiny 016.jpg
    maddie, annie and destiny 016.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 851
  • maddie, annie and destiny 017.jpg
    maddie, annie and destiny 017.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 825

garybob

I wish the Charolais in the Ozarks were as good as her. Instead, most Charolais breeders here still have the tall, gutless kind of Charolais cow. Especially the smaller breeders.

GB

shortyjock89

I think she looks pretty dang nice too.  A big time char operation used to be about 4 miles from my house, and I went to their sale before they moved.  Their highest sellers were made like this one.  Good Buy.

garybob

Too bad, nodody wants to try her with a different kind of Shorthorn bull. When Papaw finally caught the Charolais fever, the best cows were yeloow ones that went back to the ol' BEEFY Shorthorn cows that were in his mixed commercial herd. I think that the "Dover" bull at Ralph Larsons' in Montana would be a 'nick' with her. So would kaper's 'Pioneer' bull.

GB

shortyjock89

Is Pioneer a Port o' Call son? I think that she might work with Eagle 148 or one of his sons. We just happen to have a little 148 left in the tank....

GONEWEST

Good lookin' cow, glad it all worked out for you. Now what sale did you buy her in again?

What about that Killarney bull you were showing us?

gilbert07

yea thought about that...just taking her down there and letting the bull stick her...have a better chance of getting her bred that way...and i think she would have something nice out of him...but it depends if she has a bull, then we will go back charolais...we want to get some nice charolais heifers out of her...i bought her at the Appalachian Classic

garybob

That the Killarney bull that either Meyer, or Manchester owns in Indiana? I remember his pic in Shorthorn Country, a few years back.

GB

gilbert07

well my cow is starting to bag up right now, which means i dont think she is bred to the champion bull...she was with another bull of his so she must have gotten short stuck because she has been bagging up the last week or so...but she still should have a pretty nice ...anyways i was just wondering what club calf would work with her...im thinking about using sun seeker on her too, but if anyone thinks something else would work better please let me know..thanks

SWMO

garybob said:
I wish the Charolais in the Ozarks were as good as her. Instead, most Charolais breeders here still have the tall, gutless kind of Charolais cow. Especially the smaller breeders.

GB

If you get up to Carthage MO Gary Bob stop in and look at the Charolais that Larry Aschermann is raising.  Middle of the road kind of cattle with a lot of middle.  Very functional.  Good looking cattle.  Bred the Jr National winner last year.  Check out his web site.  It's listed on this site.

gilbert07

well my cow had her a heifer tonite....went out bout 9 and saw a foot out about 4 inches and then went out again at 11 30 and there she was on the ground all cleaned up..her name is annabelle....probably weighs between 85-90 lbs...gonna have some good blood lines in her...have had 4 straight heifers in a row and hope they keep coming...ill post some pics asap

linnettejane

nice cow....someone mentioned trying a shorthorn on her...i like that idea....my cousin has Charolais and i finally convinced him to try a shorty bull...he's officially been converted!....he had three heifer calves and kept them all....all 3 heifers could pass for purebred shorts color and marking wise....he did have some yellow bull calves...but none the less, he claims they are the best calves he's had in 30 years....