new formats- do they work?- plus "old" thread

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I see that several of the boards are trying new formats. Club Calves has totally changed. I hate to say this but it's too confusing for me. Show Steers has redone their all sites page. Now that really looks nice. Very professional!
Breeder's World had a complete melt-down a while ago but they seem to be back in stride.
cattle.com took their borad completely off. But they have some of the best infomation on bulls. I even enjoy Jeff's blogs.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Red

Jill

I hate club calves, I agree too confusing.  Showsteers looks nice, just hope they don't mess up the board.  Still like this one best!

knabe

black text on a white background seems like an unproven style.

seriously, from a human factors perspective, they leave a little to be desired.

however, it's proven, that habits are easily made and are hard to break.

looking around at anything for the first time after it's changed usually logs a reaction of bewilderment which can be hard to overcome.  it's why companies usually go for the incrementalist approach, plus, with every minimal upgrade, you can charge for it, kinda like sergi bubka for every pole vault record he raised by the tiniest of margins.

KDSC

Go look at clubcalves old message board, its now a board about semen tanks and AI ing :'(

http://members.boardhost.com/clubcalves/

cowz

http://www.myshowbarn.com/forum/

Here is the New link to their forum, which also has been reworked.

doubled

I read them all bu still prefer this one, the people here are nicer, less critical of people just trying to exchange information or chat.
I appreciate that.

JSchroeder

Add the programming expertise of the other sites (Steerplanet, Clubcalves, EDJE, Cattle Today, etc.) to the brand name of Showsteers and you'd put all the other sites out of business.

I shut down the Cattle.com forum because this site fills about the only niche left in the half dozen or so forums out there.  The last thing the world needs is another one.  (that and I have plenty of forums to manage on my 'real' sites)

garett

I used to check the clubcalves board quite often but now it is really confusing and I really dont like it.  :-\
I really like the new showsteers site setup.  ;D
I think this one is still my favorite now  8)

justme

I'll be honest I read them all...I'm a message board junkie lol (lol).  I think club calves is going to take some getting use to.  A good point on that one is you have to sign in and if there is slander they can trace it and put a stop to it.  (I know people can make up names ect. but it makes people think before they type)

Showsteers....just an observation there logo really is starting to look like Steer planets.  I think its much more professional looking.  BUT...I have the message board on my favorites and never go there.  Wouldn't have if there wasn't a thread on it.

BW....well, that board is unpredictable.  You never know when it'll actually come up.  That is my main reason for not advertising on that board.

Just my 2 cents!

SKF

Clubcalves new format is way to confusing  :-\ and now I don't even bother to read anything. I like the format of this websitew because it is simple and easy to use so please don't think about changing it!!!  ;D

KDSC

http://members.boardhost.com/clubcalves/ they have went back to the old format, but they still have the LSU colors :'( but oh well at least its back

KDSC

Now they're back and they dont have LSU colors ;D ;D Its basicly back to the old format