New Frontier versus TC Freedom

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

I was wondering which bull you'd choose to add muscle,width of top, and hindquarter to frailer made angus cows. I need bulls that will wean heavy and perform on test and females who can show well and raise good thick calves. Im tired of seeing all these angus bulls with excellent papers and terrible phenotype and want some thick marketable calves with some real substance while keeping decent eps (angus guys seem to put alot of emphasis on them). Thankyou so much for your advice!!!! ;D

P-F

now their is a question, I love ohlde and duff cattle for the power that you get esp the duff cattle, however they are about a frame to 1.5 frames to small for the showring.  I know Emblazon is a true frame 6, maybe look to some of his sons that limestone has produced w/ connleys.  I also know he was one of the highest bulls for $W their for a while,  I also have liked the Structure cattle, but I don't think the numbers are their.  Stay away from anything with New Design in the pedigree, I know traveler 004 is popular but I think they are tubular, narrow and milk way too hard. You can always try exar lutton, I know semen is getting up their but he has good numbers and calves are winning.  I have not been impressed with the TC Freedoms that I have seen, and with new frontier their is the new design in his blood.
I really really dislike the new design cattle, as well as the bando 598 lines, boy can they be gutless ugly hard doing cattle

Rustynail

Last year we were looking for the same type of bull that you are.  I went and looked at alot of bull and chose a New Frotier son.  The thing that I really like about them was they all had a constistant look to them.  I looked at bulls from about 10 different ranches and they all looked like they were out of the same herd.  Thick muscled bulls  The consistancy is what really sold me on him.  Being able to produce the same type of calves out of different bred cows is something that is a real saling point to me.  Mytty In Focus is really popular right now, but I see one bull that looks good and another that looks completely differnet by the same breeder.  I would highly recommend him New Frontier.

RSC

I like both bulls for the purpose you are looking for.  I have a close friend that has a small Angus operation(80 Cows) and he has to use bulls that give him Phenotype and power over bulls that play the Numbers or Pedigree game better.  He sells at Expos(Nebraska Classic) or privately off the farm.  He has used Freedom since he was in his 2nd calf crop and he keeps going back to him.  No matter the cow family, the freedoms are some of the first ones picked because they have the power look that his buyers are looking for.  At the classic every year, the Freedom bulls are always the sire group that is towards the front of the class.  New Frontier may sire better females but I love the consitancy of Freedom.  Freedom works great on 1407, 598, Frontline and Famous bloodlines.  I was at a sale recently and one of the top bulls was a Mytty on a Freedom daughter.

RSC

Show Dad

Let me throw a curve at you CG101. Connealy Packer 547 sure is a stout made mid frame 6 bull. He is a bit of a sleeper market hype wise but puts it on the scale at weaning time. Your females will be thick and bulls will be frame filled with this guy. Just a suggestion.

One other bull that might fit your criteria is Stevenson Silverado N195 but I have only seen two calves out of him one a stout heifer and the other was a good looking cat like moving young bull.

I do like Freedom but have notice he's good on some and not other pairings.

cpubarn

I was impressed with "LUT" at Nichols in Ankeny.

Attachments

• lut small.jpg
    lut small.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 400