NEW GAME, GUESS THE HIGH SELLER!

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

http://www.maternallegends.com/07salecatalog/index.html

Rules: Simply reply with the lot number you think will top the sale.

Reward: The satisfaction of knowing you are a shorthorn genius

The Catch: I will write down the numbers of all the animals that don't get listed to use as my bidding guide because they might fall in my price range.

knabe

ok, i'll bite,  i know very little about shorthorns, but here would be my top 4.  since none are really that fancy, they can probably be excluded from the top sellers.

1B
15A

Jill

Here would be my wish list from the pictures.  I'm not very good at judging Shorthorns though so my list will probably be different than everyone elses.

11B
4C
3C
1B-cow

Chap

24A - Bull selling 1/2 interest
11A - Bull selling 1/2 interest
11B
1B
2D
3C
1/2 interest in powerfully bred bulls that look the part could total big dollars.  takes an awefully good hft calf to bring $60k but $30k for 1/2 of one of those bulls would not be out of question.

xkrushx

4c- probably won't be high-seller but may make top 3.

11b- is gonna make be a momma, probably not top seller but again close to the top

10d- whoa, get her full and watch the purple start flowing. Granted her pick isnt as flashy as say, 4c's but definately will make a great show prospect and cow.
My pick for sale topper

this is just opinions based off of pics

Doc

I had to go with top 10.
1B,1H,1J
10D,10F
11A,11B
24D,24E
Top sellers will go to Sullivan, O'Sullivan,Vogel,Repasky,Little Cedar,Cates,V8,Rasor,Shadybrook,Gana-Nisely,Dylan Evans,
;)

garybob

Not a genius, but, the Ventures bred back to Venture's Pride, and the Red Rider son are my picks.He's on the low end of birth weight for RedRider'sDrive. Usually, they're bigger than that.

jimmyski

My top 7 Heifer Calves, since that's all I was really looking at, in no particular order are:

2B
4C
10A
10D
11B
25D

Just a few guesses.

TJ

knabe said:
ok, i'll bite,  i know very little about shorthorns, but here would be my top 4.  since none are really that fancy, they can probably be excluded from the top sellers.

1B
15A
I don't know a whole lot about Shorthorns, but I can tell right now that if Knabe was attending a sale that I couldn't, I wouldn't hesitate a bit to let him pick my breeding stock out for me... I like those same 4 (1B, 15A, 17, & 28) & I also like 1D too... although she doesn't appear to be quite as good as 1B, but she's similar. 

If I was going to pick 3 heifers strictly for the showring, I'd probably pick 4C, 2B & 25D.  2B looks like she might be just a little course in the shoulders, but I like her.   

I kinda like a few others too (like 11B), but if I was going to bid, those are the only ones that I'd be bidding on & the 4 that Knabe picked out would be my top choices as additions to my herd. 

jimmyski

TJ,
I can agree with you on most of those.

If I just wanted some good functional cows that maybe I might show. My picks would be:
1B
1R
9B
10i
15A

TJ

jimmyski said:
TJ,
I can agree with you on most of those.

If I just wanted some good functional cows that maybe I might show. My picks would be:
1B
1R
9B
10i
15A

I'm sure not that everyone would agree with my picks because I am not a Shorthorn breeder & I probably like different things than most people.  9B & 10i would fall in my honorable mention category, but I just can't get too excited about 1R... however, that is just me & my opinion.  Also, even though you didn't list her, there is something about lot 17 that I REALLY like.  She could maybe stand to be a touch more feminine, but she sure is broody. 

knabe

the thing i like about 17, is that compared to all the cows that look like her through the middle, i thought she had the best hind end by far.  i also like how her scapula's hang, and for how much condition she has, she didn't seem wasty, though i  would like to see what kind of calf she raised as i would be leery she might not be passing on growth or milk.  the other thing i liked about her is her relative long muzzle compared to her body type and short neck.  i really like how she is over her shoulders and how it ties in behind to her spine and the same from her spine to her hooks to pins.  the thing i'm most worried about is her condition.  i like how she is under herself rather than not under herself which causes the scapula to look funny on some of the offerings.  one thing that is interesting is the similar belly fill on the cattle.  great job.  she just seems to be the deepest of her type in the sale.  she seems to have the most consistent mass front to back without blowing out around her middle.  i would also like to see her with her fill of hay from behind and how she walked with it.

OH Breeder

1B and 1D from the pictures they are pretty good looking females
1i as well
1M bred to solution out of Venture
Here is a my wish list. But, I think that the Lot 25 heifers and the Solution semen will be high.

1N full sister to Solution
3A, 3C
4A
5B
7C
9B, 9C
10I
11B
18 due to Cherri's popularity this past year
24C and 24D
25A,B and D Your high sellers maybe