new Maine program

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

She's a Lady​
Maine-Anjou Heifer Futurity​

1. Logo for futurity participants can be used in their ad campaigns.

2. The futurity will be an open show, held in conjunction with each year's National Junior Show.

3. Two different payment schedules are presented depending on spring born or summer/fall born nominations. Likewise division premium payout for summer/fall calves will be less than spring division winners.

4. A six man judge system will be used with the top and bottom scores discarded and the remaining four scores averaged for class placement.

5. The goal would be a payout of $10,000 to champion Maine-Anjou and MaineTainer females. Payouts to reserve grands, division and reserves and possibly first and second place class winners. However, the key to a worthwhile payout system is the ability to get approximately 500 head in the initial sign up period.

6. Full payment is due at each nomination deadline date.

7. At the second nomination deadline date for both the spring nominated heifers (Oct. 1) and the summer/fall born nominated heifers (May 1) a hair sample & tattoo or registration # will be required.

8. Late nomination only allowed in the spring division and only at the second nomination time frame of October 1. Late fee will be $1000 per head.

Nomination schedule

Spring Born (Jan-April)                                      Summer/Fall (May-Nov.)

1st Nomination        June 1 - $50 per head        1st Nomination Jan. 1 - $100

2nd Nomination      Oct. 1 - $50 per head        2nd Nomination May 1 - $200 

(with this nomination, hair sample & tattoo or reg.#)                (Hair sample needed)

3rd Nomination        Jan. 1 - $100 per head                       

4th Nomination      May 1 - $200 per head                                                                                               

Show divisions

Divisions I & II      Jan-April                    Higher divisional payout

Division III            May-Aug                    Lower divisional payout

Division IV            Sept-Nov                    Lower divisional payout

(No December's)

-----------------------------Clip and Mail Form Below-----------------------------------

"She's a Lady" Maine-Anjou Heifer Futurity

Spring Born (Jan - Apr) 1st Nomination

Due June 1, 2008

_________ # of Head x $50 = $_____________

Name ____________________________________  Payment is due at time of entry.

Address _____________________________________________________________________

Phone ______________________________   

Breeder Number ________________________

FOR QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL THE AMAA AT (816) 431-9950

Jill

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't quite understand it from that email, they mailed out something, we got it yesterday I'm going to go back and read it.

red

it's like a futurity. You may an amount as listed on the schedule. Based on shows you get so much back.

Red

knabe

i would like to see fullbloods added to that futurity. 

i might even consider putting up money for that.  i think i would have to have a tiny amount of  input on the fullblood judging panel, and wouldn't care if someone on the panel had an entry.

justme

Doesn't the fullbloods already have a futurity at one of the Texas shows? 

Latest posts