New Pictures for the Catelog: Which one do you like and why?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Which picture do you like best?

• Picture 1

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Picture 2

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Picture 3

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Picture 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RSC

I took some more pictures this morning of Nacho the 1/2 blood Macho Son. 

RSC

Attachments

• Nacho 1 SM.jpg
    Nacho 1 SM.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 387
  • Nacho 2 SM.jpg
    Nacho 2 SM.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 375
  • Nacho 3 SM.jpg
    Nacho 3 SM.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Nacho SM.jpg
    Nacho SM.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 381

Davis Shorthorns

I think that no.3 is best because the shadow on the face just for me takes away from the rest of him.  No matter what pict you choose I would have someone photo shop it for you to clean it up some. 

knabe

this is what i would do.

make an electric fence, put the sun behind you and let him walk halter free along the fence.  that way his ears don't shade his face, you don't have those pretty yellow bars interfering with anything, and you can get a larger focal length lens to blur out the background a little bit.

you can easily edit out the fence.

when animals are walking, it's a lot easier to get the classic near side legs further apart.  also, the ground dropping away like that is kind of distracting.

take the photos around 10 am.  the lighting will be a little softer.

also, if you went to the trouble of clipping him and he's tame, just take a quick swipe at his side hair to take out the wrinkles.

make sure his shadow doesn't intersect with his underline, it detracts from his profile.

did you use a flash?  his quarter is a little bleached due to light meter readings.  if you are standing more than 10 feet away, consider an external flash or get a good light on an extension cord.

RSC

knabe said:
this is what i would do.

make an electric fence, put the sun behind you and let him walk halter free along the fence.  that way his ears don't shade his face, you don't have those pretty yellow bars interfering with anything, and you can get a larger focal length lens to blur out the background a little bit.

you can easily edit out the fence.

when animals are walking, it's a lot easier to get the classic near side legs further apart.  also, the ground dropping away like that is kind of distracting.

take the photos around 10 am.  the lighting will be a little softer.

also, if you went to the trouble of clipping him and he's tame, just take a quick swipe at his side hair to take out the wrinkles.

make sure his shadow doesn't intersect with his underline, it detracts from his profile.

did you use a flash?  his quarter is a little bleached due to light meter readings.  if you are standing more than 10 feet away, consider an external flash or get a good light on an extension cord.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I may have to go with one of these do to time.  I shold have maybe used a flash.

RSC

farwest

Um.............Uh..................I think i better post a PM on this one O0

REM

I agree that the background and panels are distracting. However, I think #3 really show what mass this bull has in the rear quarter, his length of spine and his completeness throughout.

Jill

I don't like the top line in #3, but of the pictures you have put up thus far it is probably the best.  I like #1, but it is taken at the wrong angle.

RSC

Jill said:
I don't like the top line in #3, but of the pictures you have put up thus far it is probably the best.  I like #1, but it is taken at the wrong angle.

Thanks for all the comments.  I agree the panels are a little distracting.  However,  I didn't have much of a choice as a deadline was near for the pictures and I had to take them by myself.

Jill,  What angle would you take Photo 1 from?

Thanks,

Tony

cowz

I like number 1, because the others make the back legs look way toooooo straight.  You could photo shop the back ground out or start over with a green field background and make sure you pull the "off" back leg more forward to give the look of more flex to the hock.  JMO

CAB

I like #1 the best. Can you pull him closer to you somehow and make him bigger I guess for lack of a better word. Looks like you were standing back further away from him in #1. #3 he looks stouter ,but his lines aren't near as good. He looks good though Tony. He's grown well since your bid-off sale. JMO. Brent

itk

I would say pic #3 is my favorite. He is set up best in #1 but his ears aren't forward which is a pet peeve of mine. My thought on the situation is this. Even if the picture isn't perfect you can still tell he is a outstanding individual. Match that with the fact that he has a great pedigree and you have a reputable operation known for quality animals you will be fine. On top of that the NCCC is one of the better sales in the country there will be plenty of interest. IMO the pictures don't have any glaring holes in them that would turn off buyers. They aren't Christy Collins perfect but I don't think a potential customer would see them and decide not to buy the animal from them. The picture isn't perfect but is sure good enough all things considered.

RSC

CAB said:
  I like #1 the best. Can you pull him closer to you somehow and make him bigger I guess for lack of a better word. Looks like you were standing back further away from him in #1. #3 he looks stouter ,but his lines aren't near as good. He looks good though Tony. He's grown well since your bid-off sale. JMO. Brent
  Thanks Brent.

RSC

linnettejane

im with cowz and cab on this one...i like #1 the best....his top looks more straight...the pic isnt too light (meaning the grass looks a little darker and doesnt blend in with the white on his belly)....he's set the best imo...the ears arent an issue with me...in fact i didnt  notice it until i read itk's post and went back and looked at the pic again...wish you could get rid of the halter and gates...

ROAD WARRIOR

I'm with ITK on the ear deal, so I will go with #3 for my first choice. Get your photoshop busy on the background! RW

Bawndoh

Does this work for anyone?  RSC I could do some work on a larger file of this photo if you would like.  IMO, he looks the best in this photo.  He sure has developed into a very proud, attractive,correct, and masculine bull!! 
If your photo/catalague is going to be in B & W I would go with this one.  I will also try to work on number 1 & 3 tonight.  Im at a farm for a week.  I HATE dial up!! 
Ill give it a try though.

Attachments

• A_Nacho_SM.jpg
    A_Nacho_SM.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 118

Bawndoh

Here they are.  Poor quality because the file size is very small.  But gives you a better idea.

Attachments

• Nacho_1_SM.jpg
    Nacho_1_SM.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Nacho_3_SM.jpg
    Nacho_3_SM.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 119

Latest posts