New promo video! Just posted

Help Support Steer Planet:

LT

I just created our first "promo" video for ourselves and our sale.  I used a new software I haven't quite figured out yet.  Give me some feed back....I am still working on it and making changes.  Let me know what you think.  Feel free to let me know....I AM asking for a review!
Thanks!
Linda

Cook Show Cattle 1

OH Breeder

I give ANYONE credit that can do anything with computer and a program like you have. Very nice looks very professional. Maybe more of a sneak peak at what you are selling? Like it though. Congrats on your win at Ohio State Fair.  (thumbsup)

creativecattle

Good work. Video isn't always easy. One thing that a lot of people don't realize (or maybe forget about) is how important the name, description and tags are on your video. The information that you put in these field will help link your video to other livestock related content, and allow it to be "stumbled upon" more easily when people are searching on YouTube. Under the description you might put a couple sentences about your sale, and contact information. Some tags I would suggest would be Ohio, show cattle, for sale, steers, farm, cattle, etc. Anything that describes your video or what you are selling.

Good luck at your sale!

GONEWEST

I think you did an excellent job! And congratulations on teaching yourself something new.  I think the "theme" is a good one. The technical aspect is well done  (thumbsup)

Strictly from an academic standpoint, the number of different transitions between pictures  makes the video more about the transitions than the substance of the video. There are several, maybe even most of the time, that the transitions last longer than the picture is up without transition effects. There are some pictures of things in there to be really proud of and at least for me, the intent of the video should be to promote your accomplishments and not the video effects. For instance, the champion heifer there begins at the 1:10 mark and ends at 1:17. Counting transition effects on both ends, the transitions last 6 seconds and the picture of the champion heifer is up for only 2 seconds. I think you would get your message across better if you would limit the number of different transition effects to a couple and allow your best pictures to be up longer.

Ohio1

Very cool video!! When will your calf pics be posted?

sue

very nice. the champ looks good too!

LT

Thanks for all the feedback on the new promo video there were some very valid points brought up

The sale cattle pics are now up and the videos will be up shortly at www.cookshowcattle.com

Thanks

jason

Great work,

I dabbled last year in video, it definitely takes quite a bit more effort for a finished product.  The internet is going to revolve more and more around video content as well as tying into your tv.  In Kansas City, google just launched their fiber network which allows speeds up to 1000mbps for internet and hd tv.

The only thing is a bit concerning is google doesn't have to provide high speed everywhere, they can pick and choose neighborhoods were they can deem to make a profit.  Whereas many of the larger telecom providers were forced to provide service to everyone as it was the original agreement.  I can see rural areas really lagging behind on getting fiber.

LT

Thanks for the "tag" suggestions.  I will add those.  Also the program is Wondershare DVD Builder.  My understanding is that it is the Windows companion to iMovie.  They have a free 30 day trial, try it and see what you think!

LT

crystalcattle I have a question....I added the tags, but they don't seem to be appearing on the youtube video...can anyone help me with what I may be doing wrong??  Thanks