New Shorthorn Sire

Help Support Steer Planet:

JoeBnTN

What direction is your breeding program going?

Are you tired of the bulls that offer the same genetics in a new and improved “package”?

Finding that “powerful performance” often comes with high birth weights and calving problems?

Do you want a bull that looks better on pasture than he does with hair and a feed bucket?

Perhaps you should you consider a new Leader for your breeding program!

Hillside Leader –bred for practical performance with outcross genetics

Leader represents our best effort to produce cattle that perform the way we believe Shorthorns should.   

Bred to meet the needs of both purebred and commercial breeders who want true calving ease, the ability to grow fast and economically; and perhaps most importantly, the ability to excel in the real world – producing cattle that are practical and profitable. 

TH and PHA Free

We are offering a spring semen special on Leader semen.  Regularly priced at $25 per straw and $25 a certificate or a 10 straw/5 certificate package for $350, we are offering a 10% discount on all semen orders placed between now and July 1, 2009.  Contact Joe for your semen needs.

If you agree that red, polled, profit based Shorthorns still have a place in today’s cattle industry, we invite you to consider putting a new Leader in charge of your breeding program. 

Hillside Farms
3475 Fish Hatchery Road
Morristown, TN 37813
Joe: (615) 494-3476   Bill: (423) 586-0642

Attachments

• IMG_1864 -small.JPG
    IMG_1864 -small.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Leader - 2.JPG
    Leader - 2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 50

JoeBnTN

The Driver said:
whats his pedigree look like. Is the calving ease proven or by genetics?

He's a son of AR SU LU Matador (the bull in my avatar) out of a straight Elbee bred female.  Matador is a son of the National Champion "Tex" out of Ward Bakenhus' Missie 709 cow that is a PACE performance dam.  The dam is a daughter of Gizmo and out of an Elbee Darrell cow.

His calving ease is pedigree based, but we've had enough calves by both Matador and the Elbee cattle we bought a few years ago to feel very comfortable with his predictability.  We used him this past fall as a yearling on a group of heifers behind our AI program.

Just as a note, the Matador bull is easily the most consistent bull we've used in 20 years and that includes Fastrak, Desperado, Chicago, 23G and Marquis.

His performance stats are BW - 70 lbs., WW - 666 lbs. and YW - 1189 lbs.  EPD's are Birth 0.8, Weaning 13, Yearling 16 and Milk 1.

If you need more info, just drop me a note. 

The Driver

Thanks for the further info. I think we are going to be adding some to our tank to go along with the Chiller and CCC Goldrush for our heifers and calving ease.

JoeBnTN

The Driver said:
Thanks for the further info. I think we are going to be adding some to our tank to go along with the Chiller and CCC Goldrush for our heifers and calving ease.

Thanks!

Just let me know what you need and we'll get it right out to you.

mark tenenbaum

Really like his pedigree. Sek has just picked up our calving ease bull, PANAMA-RED who went out as a long yearling , and has sired a bunch of 65-70 pound calves, all linebred to his dam, who is a Cumberland-picture perfect-rose-. t-90-57 His sire is a full sib to DMCC LTD EDITION,BOTH PARENTS CLEAN BOTH SIDES. CF Martin has seen him (using him) There is a picture of him last fall off cows on the diamond-m cattle site-showsteers, solid red (like his calves) and possibly an ideal cross with your bull, who I plan to use on his daughters.

JoeBnTN

Just a quick reminder that our semen special for Steer Planet members only runs thorugh the end of June.  Go to the classifieds page for more information or drop me a note.

Thanks to everyone who has already contacted us.

Joe