New Show Calves...Any Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

thats funny

Thanks BCCC...i will have a good day....and fine yeah u can see in the pic that the one does toe out JUST A TAD...hahahaha

justme

Well....you did ask for opinions and kept asking for more...  I seen exactly what they were seeing right away.  Decent calves.  you have them clipped up nice (thumbsup)  Good luck with them.

Just remember they'll give it to you straight on here...

CAB

That's Funny, I know that you are very competitive and that's why you are wanting your calves critiqued. That being said, you need to be able to take the criticism in a constructive way. Many times PPL don't say anything just B/C they want to be nice and civil. I like the WOW heifer the best of the 3 and really don't know or can't really tell if she toes out bad enough to bother. Now, are you ready for this? I think that the WMW steer is a middle of the class kind of steer. He breaks behind the shoulder, is high flanked, could use some lower quarter, and I think that he is too bold in the shoulder to neck area. The steer that you are going to sell is a middle of the  road steer. Just not powerfull enough to catch a lot of attention. Just my opinion on all of them. I know that you had a very good steer last year and you would like to find another one that may do as well, but I think if you want to be as competitive as you were last year, you're going to have to keep looking. Good Luck, Sincerely, Brent C.

thats funny

Well CAB I was just wondering what steer do u think is better....the WMW or the WOW steer.....and I went to a show this weekend and I got Reserve Chi and it was a good bred heifer that beat me, and she was winning all summer up here.  Just thought ide let u guys know!!

CAB

Congrats, I not familiar with the shows in Nd. How many calves per class and why would you show against a bred? I like the WMW better, but I would like to see him in person. Down here in Iowa and the central midwest, I think that he would be middle of the class. Bring him down to the summer extravaganza and we can measure him then. Hope that you have a good show season with your prospects.
  I was beginning to get worried that you were MIA. Please remember that you asked us to evaluate your steer. Please be ready to hear the good and bad. Heck I may be all wrong about your steers, but I'm just saying, try to be objective and learn from PPL"s comments. I'll be the first to tell you that I am extremely frank & blunt in my assessments of cattle and I have never seen a perfect one yet. Most PPL on this and other boards are kind enough to simply not say anything and risk the possibly of hurting someone"s feelings, but I am of the opinion that, that is kind of like incouraging denial or putting your head in the sand. If you don't like what PPL have to say, don't ask. Good Luck. I hope that you are able to keep your steers near the top of the class. BTW, I like the WOW heifer the best out of the 3. Your Friend, Brent C.

thats funny

I showed against a bred because i was calf champ, and then i showed against her for overall chi champ.  And I dont think ill be making it down there for the extravaganza....1 because we never go to shows out of ND unless like Denver...and 2 just because.....well ill get back to you and let you know how some of my animals do at the next show....CAB you should put some pics of ur steers on here....Im curious to see what they look like.  And i wasnt mad at what you guys said i was just simply saying what needed to be said to get my point across clearly. But anyways its all good now....

Walker

Saw these calves in person this weekend, they looked really good.  The Wave on Wave X Who steer was the high seller in the clubcalf sale and sold for $6250.  Not bad for a middle of the class kind of steer.  Congratulations That's Funny.

6M Ranch

This isn't about your calves in particular.  When someone asks for an opinion, I would like to know what type show you're taking them to, and how competitive is it going to be.  I judge county fair animals different than Stock Show animals.