New Simmi Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

simmi1

I was wondering if anyone has seen the new 3/4 blood simmental called Sherriff Taylor.  I think he is a 3cMacho by Aunt Bea.  I would like to now your thoughts on this bull.  I have a Dream On heifer that needs a cleaner front end and smoother shoulders and was wondering if the bull was sound.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

CAB

I did see him in Denver, but did not see him walk. I did like him well enough to put a 1/2 rack in the tank. I think he has the look that I need in my cows and is clean fronted for a simi. I do question if he has enough bone, but that is the clubbie in me. I like the bull and hope he gets used enough so that we'll know more next year. A few other bulls that I like are DJ Salution, R&R Warehouse, P-F's Ammo bull, Shilo's Black Man, & White Farms Hustler.

simmi1

Thanks, from the picture of Sheriff Taylor I do think he could use a little more bone also even though he is only a year old, but I love his front end and pedigree. 

red

here is the denver from www.cattle.com

http://www.cattle.com/video/watch.aspx?id=101

P-F

DJ Salution needs to be used on really powered up cows,  he will make them pretty and they come small and easy.
He breeds like you would expect any of DeJong genetics alot like power plant.  We run mostly Angus cows and he didn't put enough in them
That is why we bought the Amazon bull There is alot more power and bone in Amazon then Salution. I think they will both put nice fronts on them, I will let you now next year how the BW are on him.  You can check out out website, we do have semen available on both bulls.

simmi1

Has anyone seen any STF Affirmed calves.  I realy like this bull, but haven't seen any calves out of him.

red

you are right on that one Jill. Love her, love her!! Can you imagine the amount of money she has produced? WOW!

Red

kanshow

I'm trying to decide between Mama's Boy & Sheriff Taylor.   

P-F -Is Amazon semen available? If so, where?  He might be what I'm looking for on a few cows. 

P-F

the first semen was froze this week and The quickest way to get some would be to call Mac Smith at Cane Ridge or any major distributor

Again thanks for the interest
Pearlann

HVNR

We have four DJ Salution calves, three simm/Angus and one purebred simm that were born in March. They do come really easy, our bw's were from 70 to 85 lbs with the 85 lb calf being out of a larger simm cow. The heifers are pretty feminine and appear to be coming along pretty good. They need some more time, but I am pretty happy with them.

CAB

My bad. I meant P-F's new bull Amazon, not Ammo. I was looking @ him B4 P-F bought him. I think that if he's clean fronted enough for you that he will make'em thcker & deeper than Star Power or Steel Force either one. JMO.