new steers - opinions please

Help Support Steer Planet:

nck21

Here are my two 4-H calves for this year. The first show will be the Kansas Beef Expo in Dec. Both of them are sired by Sunseeker. We've had them for a week now - opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• sunseeker1.jpg
    sunseeker1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • sun2.jpg
    sun2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,081
  • sun3.jpg
    sun3.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,069
  • lilsun2.jpg
    lilsun2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • lilsun3.jpg
    lilsun3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,048

OH Breeder

I like both calves. In my opinion I would watch the shoulder on the first calf. he is really bold through the shoulder and looks like he might have some flesh in the neck. Good calves.
Some of the sunseekers I have seen this year had heavy fronts. Definitely would want to use him on zipper/clean fronted cows.

Telos

I like the second calf the best, by the looks of the pictures. Nice quality calves and showing them should be a lot of fun.

nck21

Thanks to everyone for the comments. We'll keep an eye on the first calf's shoulder.  He also does have some extra leather on his neck, the breeder said we should throw a neck sweat on him.

Cattledog

nck21 said:
Thanks to everyone for the comments. We'll keep an eye on the first calf's shoulder.  He also does have some extra leather on his neck, the breeder said we should throw a neck sweat on him.

Some people don't think the neck sweats work but I put them on mine.  I think my calves show improvement.....either that or it is just wishful thinking!  ;)  Nice calves!