Help Support Steer Planet:

any information will help

• help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • plz help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

angusboy1

well how yall doin im a newbie to this cow showing i did own 150 of pastured cattle  but never showed a cow before so any information yall can share plz do i would greatly appercaite it

Show Dad

Understanding what to expect can put one in the right frame of mind to make the "showring" experience fun.

1. The showring has nothing to do with the pasture.
2. It's only one persons, the judge, opinion on that day, tomorrow will be different.
3. It's for the kids so let them learn with you and from you.
4. Have fun!

ShowmanQ

(welcome)
Always remember...this is something I was guilty of when I started showing...DO NOT let what a judge says get you down about an animal you are proud of, everyone has different goals and opinions of the cattle they like and use in their programs. Just because one judge does not like the calf does not mean it is a waste of time to show it. DO NOT GIVE UP, SET YOUR GOALS HIGH AND WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE THEM!!! GOOD LUCK (clapping)

red

there are several articles on the front page. Your best bet is to find a mentor & work w/ them, observe them & learn from them. Never be afraid to ask questions here or any place else. we all started out at some point!

Red

(welcome)

Latest posts