Next Year!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattle7

Well...it's that time of the year where the majority of us have parked our calves in the barn until county fair and state fair shortly after. After state fair, it will be time to start the search for next year calves. Many of us have already got our eyes open for "the one" already. I, myself, have started my lookout for next years. I have usually shown Chi's or Crossbreds in the past, however, next year is my last year in 4-h and I'm thinking a Hereford Heifer is the perfect way to end my career. Not being familiar with Herefords, I'm not sure where the "good ones" come from. So my question for all you steerplanters is...who raises the good herefords?

wyatt

i would try to find a carpe diem or red rock calf that looks just like a heifer

TXSimmy

are you looking for a pure bred hereford to show in junior breeding shows, if you are you carpe diem and red rock won't work since they just throw hereford colors

mooch

Randy Mullnix owns purple Reign cattle in Ill , he'll fix you up with a good one.

skeeter

Long drive but Kent Orrell, Orrell Herefords in Hobart, Oklahoma has an awesome registered heifer and also some Red Rocks.  go to showsteers.com and all sites and Orrell Herefords.

JDman

For Illinois there quit a few breeders. They have a website www.ipta.com that has a breeders map. Some of the bigger named ones with better showing genetics I would say are Purple Region Cattle Co., River Ridge Ranch (2010JNHE champion horned female breeder), perks ranch (up and coming in the breed (I think)).