NFL - who you rooting for?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

We had a college thread, so only customary to have a pro thread.

Who is your team and how do you think they will do?

My team, KC Chiefs, it doesn't look good as our offense has been pitiful, we will probably eek out 6 to 8 wins.

DL

The only team to lose the Super Bowl 4 times in a row the BFLO BILLS - actually I am anxiously awaiting the start of hockey season - GO SABRES!!

shortyjock89

The Chicago Bears, of course...if ol Grossman can keep it on track, I smell another Super Bowl appearance.. (pop)

Stihlpro

Gotta support the Northwest!  Go Seahawks!!!!! (clapping)

chambero

I imagine there are a few fellow Cowboy fans on here that just haven't come forward.

blackwellfarms

Cowboy fan here.  Lucky one to win the company tickets to the game tomorrow - 50 yard line in a  suite.  Should have bought a lottery ticket.

sawboss

How 'bout them Boys! Not a bad start to the season.  Got us a good ole Texas boy at the helm, now if he can keep the ego's in check and out of jail we may do okay.  I sure miss the glory teams of Landry and Staubach, winners on and off the field.  GO COWBOYS!

jason

cowz said:
Say a prayer for the Denver Donkeys! ;D :p 8)

Cowz, never though about your location, I guess we are sworn enemies.  ;D

The raiders used to be the main rivalry for the chiefs, but the raiders have been bad for so long, I grew up hating the broncos.

However, this year I don't the chiefs are going to be in contention for anything but a high draft choice in 08.

cowz

The glory days of John Elway are long past.....sigh!......We have to watch because it is key to social conversation here during the winter months.   I try not to go out to the shop when the game is on.  Wrenches fly, grumbling is loud.  Its a good thing the old TV in the shop is fixed about 15 feet above the angry Bronco fans.  They haven't cracked the screen yet!

Like I have said before, I put my energy in the local high school kids.  Six and eight man football and small town basketball is great entertainment!

shorthorns r us

cowz said:
The glory days of John Elway are long past.....sigh!......We have to watch because it is key to social conversation here during the winter months.   I try not to go out to the shop when the game is on.  Wrenches fly, grumbling is loud.  Its a good thing the old TV in the shop is fixed about 15 feet above the angry Bronco fans.  They haven't cracked the screen yet!

Like I have said before, I put my energy in the local high school kids.  Six and eight man football and small town basketball is great entertainment!

SIX man?  How does that work?  I've seen 8 but not 6.

shortdawg

Cowz, I went to college with Terrell Davis at UGA. Man was he good for the Broncos. Lots of former DAWGS have spent some time out there. Champ Bailey and all his brothers and cousins grew up about an hour from our place. I'm not nearly as die-hard for one pro team as I am about the DAWGS. I do like the Broncos, Cowboys, Steelers, Colts, Chargers among others and my all time favorite coach would have to be the " TUNA " Bill Parcells. As far as High School, we hired a new coach this year for our AA school and we have beaten a AAAAA school 14-0 & a AAA school 43-19 so far. I think we have a chance to go back to the GA Dome again this year. The playoff teams in the semi-finals play there to decide who plays for the state championship which is played in the home stadiums. It's always great for the kids to get to play on a pro field.

cowz

SRU said:
cowz said:

SIX man?  How does that work?  I've seen 8 but not 6.

What state are you in?  I know they play alot of 6 man in TX, NM, CO, KS, NE.  Any where there are a bunch of small country schools and private and parochial schools.

Remember childhood playground games?  We played a totally politically incorrect one I will not name here.....where the mob tries to tackle just one individual? 

Any how, it is very fast moving.  A lot of passing and hopefully receiving.  All players are eligible to receive.  15 yds = a first down, FG = 4 pts., Extra point after TD is worth 2 pts, conversion worth 1 pt.  We call it cowboy football.....you better be able to RUN, throw, or catch.  ( or take the weight of 4 other kids piled on top of you!)  Oh, yes, there is a mercy rule.  After halftime, if there is a 45 pt. lead, the game is over.

cowz

shortdawg said:
Cowz, I went to college with Terrell Davis at UGA. Man was he good for the Broncos. Lots of former DAWGS have spent some time out there. Champ Bailey and all his brothers and cousins grew up about an hour from our place. I'm not nearly as die-hard for one pro team as I am about the DAWGS. I do like the Broncos, Cowboys, Steelers, Colts, Chargers among others and my all time favorite coach would have to be the " TUNA " Bill Parcells. As far as High School, we hired a new coach this year for our AA school and we have beaten a AAAAA school 14-0 & a AAA school 43-19 so far. I think we have a chance to go back to the GA Dome again this year. The playoff teams in the semi-finals play there to decide who plays for the state championship which is played in the home stadiums. It's always great for the kids to get to play on a pro field.

Terrell,  John Elway and Kubiak, all were very good philanthropists to the front range community.  That group was always very good about buying 4H steers at front range fairs and the NWSS.

I take it that the AA to AAAAA match up was a local rivalry?   Wow.  Our local team has been 8 man for a few years now, so we play the local AA rivals and it is a huge deal when we beat them.  I am looking forward to our calf sale being over and the commercial calves marketed, then we can settle down to sports obsessions. Ha!

shortdawg

Yeah, it was the next county over from us. Last year they had us down 28-0 at the half and it started flooding so they called the game. A new coach and a new year led to the 14-0 win for us, quite a turn-a-round. ;D

DL

while they all sort out whether New England cheated because they were taping something or another I think it would be nice if we crossed our fingers or said a prayer (whatever is appropriate) for BFLO Bills tight end Kevin Everett who sustained a catastrophic and life threatening injury at the opening game - he will likely be paralyzed if he survives.

frostback

I saw on our 6 pm news that he has made a  great turn for the better and is likely to walk again some day.

shortyjock89

That sure would be amazing.  I have a friend who was in a severe truck accident this winter, and he was told he would never walk again.  He doesn't take that for an answer and I don't think he will ever give up.  If Mr. Everett could walk again, this would be a huge morale booster for my friend. Mr. Everett and his family have been in my prayers, and I wish them the best.