Nick Hammet for ASA secretary.

Help Support Steer Planet:

ELBEE

The board of directors will have the opportunity to place Nick in the position of secretairy soon. No where will they find a more intelligent, ambitious, more dedicated individual than Nick. He has been working several years for the association as head of the commercial marketing division, (the Durham Red program is his brainchild). Nick understands what direction the beef industry needs to head, and knows there is plenty of room to expand Shorthorns into their wrightfull share of the market.

I support Nick Hammet

Lee Bigham
ELBEE Farms

red

Elbee, thanks for the information on Nick. Is he a Shorthorn breeder? If so where is he from? Any additional background informtion is great. Also,do you know who else is in the consideration?

Thanks, Red

ELBEE

At this time Nick has no outside, personal or family ties to the breed. But he does take his job as commercial director very seriously, and makes it personal. He has been working on the road, based from his home in Columbia MO. It's my understanding the other names are Melroe, and McMasters.

DL

ELBEE - given the opportunity for regression sounds like the ASA actually is continuting where Bolze left off - is that your take? DL

DL

AHHH- I misread - I thought he had been picked.....guess us ASA members need to get active......DL (cow)

garybob

He's got my vote, that's for sure! He has no connectiion to the breed, other than that obtained through his current employment with the ASA. Unless you count his affiliation with Fahrmier and other Show Me State breeders at the AGR chapter at Mizzou. Sometimes, the best herdsmen in the purebred business have been those from outside the usual circle of friends within thier respective breeds. These individuals tend to bring a fresh perspective and make real, unbiased progress, without worrying about what their buddies think, or being preoccupied with maintaining thier friendships.

Any comments?