NILE Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

klintdog

Here's our bull calf that was Champion Gelbvieh Bull out at the NILE in Billings last week. He's an 4/4/2008 calf. Tear him apart :)

Attachments

• rookienile.jpg
    rookienile.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 408

shortyjock89

I think he's super nice.  One of the cleanest fronted Gelbvieh's I've seen, and is an all around cool lookin dude, but my experience with the breed is very limited.

klintdog

I think he's probably one of the clubbiest looking Guppies I've ever seen. He took Champion Bull at another show on Saturday that's a bit closer to home. Not too often you see an April calf beating those older bulls. I'll try to snap a photo when he's got more of a fill to him.

shortyjock89

Oh yeah, once he gets some gut to him, I doubt you see much other than purple with him.  I forgot to add that OF COURSE he has to be good to win at a major show like the NILE.  Are you keeping or selling him?

klintdog

We're planning on selling him at our state sale in January. We'll be pulling him to Denver, so unless the right person comes along with the checkbook, that's the plan.

Here are a few other stats on him. He's out of a first calf heifer, bw of 78 and ww of 846.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

If thats a Gelbvieh, call me a monkey's uncle. DNA test that sucka!!! Nice bull though, really small head. Its all about calving ease boys, check out those sweet shoulders. Everyone loves 70 pound calves, but if they have a big headed and huge shouldered, their cow killers.

Walker

That is a nice looking bull.  Definitely has a super clean front for a gelbvieh.  Is that an adjusted WW or actual?  Do you plan on bringing him to the North Star Classic?  The only thing I might say is that in the picture it looks like his far side back pastern might knuckle up a little.  Could just be the picture though, how is he on the move?

klintdog

He looks even better on the move. He really fills out and his top get a little straighter. When we were doing photo's this is the pose he ended up walking into, so I think his one pastern is probably not set just right. We're not going to make North Star this year. I'll be on my honeymoon the week prior and I can't convince my boss to let me go 2 weeks in a row.

The weaning weight is his adjusted. His actual weight on 9/21/08 (5 months, 2 weeks) was 650 lbs.

showsteerdlux

Ok. I'll be honest up front that I'm not always a fan of gelbviehs. However, this bull is pretty nice in whatever way you look at him. Looks to be structurally sound, good bone, alot of muscle shape and as it has already been stated he is probably the cleanest fronted gelbvieh I've seen in a long time.  Nice calf and it sure looks like he is going to be seeing the purple quite often the way he is going right now.

klintdog

The more I look at this picture the more I don't like his tailhead set. How would you recommend fixing this?