Nitrogen Tanks

Help Support Steer Planet:

BogartBlondes

It depends on how much semen you have. I know that I have about 400 doses and I have a tank that holds about 500. If you can fit all of your semen in there comfortably then it should be fine.

Instead of buying new, its always smart to shop for good used ones. I went to an auction sale and got mine (XC20) for $35. It was only 3 years old. 

Simbeef10

You can get good used tanks, but if you want a new one; I would check SemenTanks.com as you will find better pricing

MCC

Just my opinion but if you can afford a new tank I would buy it unless you know the person and trusted them that had the used tank. My semen and embryo's are to valueable to me to trust to a used tank someone else might have gotten rid of because it had problems.

cpubarn

It looks like it would work to me, it is the same size, and manufacturer as the one I have, and I have only 20-30 cows. 

A couple of thoughts.  Don't be surprised if your semen tanks fills faster than you ever thought.  Like a farm building or a garage, it always seems to fill no matter how big you build it....

I bought mine used through a local semen route man.  He filled it and knew it worked...  Cost me $150.

HAVE FUN!

Mark

Barry Farms

cpubarn said:
It looks like it would work to me, it is the same size, and manufacturer as the one I have, and I have only 20-30 cows. 

A couple of thoughts.  Don't be surprised if your semen tanks fills faster than you ever thought.  Like a farm building or a garage, it always seems to fill no matter how big you build it....

I bought mine used through a local semen route man.  He filled it and knew it worked...  Cost me $150.

HAVE FUN!

Mark

This I can relate to

Cryotechy

I'm looking to purchase non-working semen tanks.  Let me know if you guys have any lying around. 

Breanna Dyer 1-800-313-0182