NLC Mr. Upgrade calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakie

A.I.GUY said:
Well I would say if you have not heard much about his progeny, then you must have your head buried or at least you dont follow performance cattle sales around the country because there have been a lot of his progeny selling all over the place and several sons have been put into A.I. studs. If you are going to make show cattle with him you better protect him with a clean fronted cow, but if you need to add performance and pounds of product this is the bull to use. As far as birth weights go I would not use him on many hfrs. but he is no cow killer either.

Thanks for the updates on him, I ordered him for myself and a 4h'er and the actual bw made me nervous. Pardon my ignorance, we typically breed Angus bulls to our angus cows and we don't follow every single breeds result and don't care about show results. The plan is to use him on pb angus cows to make half bloods to either breed to clubbies or just to breed back to make some nice commercial cows. If you click on the website link, all of the pb angus cows will be bred to him using sexed seman. Thanks for all of your help, as I said before, I don't follow the Simmental breed and this bull was highly recommended based on consistancy, progeny performance and bw, but it doesn't hurt to look into it yourself.

vc

For A.I. Guy
The thread was started 2 years ago, the last few post were updates from this year. It can make you scratch your head sometimes if you do not look at the dates the post was started. You might think where have the these people been.

WRS

We have been very pleased with our Upgrade calves so far.  We only had one Upgrade sired calf last year, I'll post his video below, but used him heavily last spring and have quite a few babies on the ground this year.  For us, he has sired wide based, structurally correct cattle that still have "look".  His calves come shaped very well and most come in the 80's.  We will continue to use him.

Video of WRS Cornerstone, Lot 10 in Iowa Beef Connection sale this Saturday, April 10th in Anita, IA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WICCQY2HIs

Attachments

• WRS Cornerstone.jpg
    WRS Cornerstone.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 264