No Bull Sale---which bulls are your favorites??

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

I received my No Bull Sale catalog today and, since many of you saw some of them in Denver, I'm just wondering which bulls are the favorites of the SP gang?

Doc

1B- Denver
2- Red Meat
4- Red Venture , if it wasn't for his disposition score. I've got a friend with a maternal brother to him that says he comes by it honest.
6- Red Progress
8- Charge On

What about your K-Kim picks?

oakbar

I haven't had a chance to really look the K-Kims over yet.  I'll try to get that done and let you know.  I'm not sure that I'm the best judge of bulls, but the Steakhouse bull on the No Bull Sale really caught my eye in Denver.    Several really good ones there, but for me he just seemed to stand out!

Dusty

I like the Vegas X 365 yearling heifer.

I see they are selling some eggs also that would be full sibs.

aj

What is the story on red meat. Calving ease and whatnot? I'm not sure I trust this outfit.

CPL

marsh said:
Is this catalog on line anywhere?

Thanks

I believe its on their website. Should be sullivan farms .com. Jeff should have the link on cattle.com I can get to it because I'm on a school computer.

showman ne

I worked on all of these bulls during denver. I was in Dunlap on tuesday and they all still look great. These bulls are honest. I doubt you're going to find your next heifer bull out of that bunch, but you will find a bull to use on your cows and improve your calf crop. Basic Needs is just that. Steakhouse is also a very good bull. Bulls to fit everyone's eye too. Some real soggy, rugged bulls to breed those pretty cows to and some really pretty bulls to breed to those plainer, short cows. Aj as far as being able to trust the outfit not only have i worked for them, but i am also a regular customer and no one will do a better job of taking care of you than John and Craig.

oakbar

Thanks for your input everyone---I was really impressed with these bulls when I saw them in Denver.  I agree there's probably not a heifer bull there but you cannot help but be impressed by them as a group!!

OH Breeder

The females in this catalog are amazing. WOW what set. i would say this sale could rival the fall sale in $$$$. Great group.

Lot 1D has pretty interesting profile .looks like sinister
Lot 1F Like his depth
Lot 2 and 3 are my picks of the bulls.
Lot4 WHat is up with the disposition

THe females, I am betting the lot 13 F & G girls will sell well. Their momma showed very well and I think won just about every show she went too. Females are too hard to pick, would like to see them in person.

Eggs- will go to high for my blood.

shortdawg

13 D & E make me a little anxious to see what I will have out of that breeding on 4/1. My AP donor is a full sib to 2104 and is bred to Goose ????

jsull

Thanks for your interest in the No Bull sale.  I'm not much of a computer person but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.  My nephew has said that Steer Planet is a great site so I look forward to it.  The answer to some of the above questions is the lot 2 Red Meat bull and lot 4 Red Venture bull both could possibly be used on heifers if there's not a lot of birth weight in the heifer.  I probably do not have a pure heifer bull in the offering that could pull the birth weight out of each and every heifer.  I'm more accessible by phone over computer so if you have any questions feel free to give me a call at 712 263 0263.  To A.J., I would be glad to show you around on a farm tour or visit anytime about our program.  Thank you Steer Planet gang for your interest.  John Sullivan

OH Breeder

jsull said:
Thanks for your interest in the No Bull sale.  I'm not much of a computer person but if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.  My nephew has said that Steer Planet is a great site so I look forward to it.  The answer to some of the above questions is the lot 2 Red Meat bull and lot 4 Red Venture bull both could possibly be used on heifers if there's not a lot of birth weight in the heifer.  I probably do not have a pure heifer bull in the offering that could pull the birth weight out of each and every heifer.  I'm more accessible by phone over computer so if you have any questions feel free to give me a call at 712 263 0263.  To A.J., I would be glad to show you around on a farm tour or visit anytime about our program.  Thank you Steer Planet gang for your interest.  John Sullivan

Welcome Mr. Sullivan. I think you will find many fans of your program on this site. Great looking set !

oakbar

Welcome to SP, John!!  Good to have you here!!  Don't worry about your computer skills--as many on here can testify--mine aren't worth a darn either!!  It would be good to have your input on some of the topics discussed on SP from time to time.    We're actually a pretty friendly bunch even when we disagree!!  Again,  good to have you with us!!!

Lynn