no longer timid showman update!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

OK the proud mom I am I have to do some bragging.  My little girl the former "timid" showman had a great time showing at county fair.  As you all recall, she was so scared of her heifer 2 months ago.  No more!  She did great yesterday and I'm beaming from ear to ear.

She WON beef showmanship and the judge said she was by far the best beef showman in the barn.  I about fell over!  The same family has won showmanship for 6 years.  She also won champion breeding ewe! 

Thank you all for your encouragement.  I'm glad I followed the advice of you that said to keep at it with her.  She is hooked!  She cann't wait to leave for state fair and even wants to do showmanship there!  Thank you for all your great ideas you gave me!

Attachments

• worth county fair 2007 003.jpg
    worth county fair 2007 003.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 639

shortyjock89

Well, that is some great news.  I thought that once she tried it, she would love it.  A little confidence goes a long way, and it seems like she has tons of it now! Congrats on the success and good luck at state (clapping)

ROAD WARRIOR

Good job and good luck - there is a whole world of opportunity waiting for you now!

DL

That is fabulous! Good job to you all (clapping) (clapping)

red

Heard from "Justme" last night. Her daughter was reserve champion in her division at the MO State fair. So proud of Danielle! She has really come a long way from crying in the show ring to competeing at their state fair. I know that both Gidget & Eric have put a lot of time working w/ her & it has paid off for them.

Way to go Dee!

Red (clapping)

shortdawg

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

cowz

Good Job girls!  (clapping)  One of my best lifetime memories is when my shy little guy walked over to the judge and thanked him and shook his hand.  Took a long time to get there, but it was so worth it!