non racist

Help Support Steer Planet:

CPL

kimbaljd said:
I was being facetious.
The pastry chef spent eight years there with them. Does that make him qualified?

She has been a Senator since 2001.

Also served on five Senate committees, including The Budget Committee; Armed Services Committee; Environment and Public Works Committee; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee; and the special "Aging" Committee. Lastly, she is a Commissioner of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe. She has also introduced and co-introduced many legislations, including increasing the military, among other things.

SO, For you to sit there, on your computer, and say she has no experience is a flat out lie.

JbarL

CPL said:
kimbaljd said:
I was being facetious.
The pastry chef spent eight years there with them. Does that make him qualified?

She has been a Senator since 2001.

Also served on five Senate committees, including The Budget Committee; Armed Services Committee; Environment and Public Works Committee; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee; and the special "Aging" Committee. Lastly, she is a Commissioner of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe. She has also introduced and co-introduced many legislations, including increasing the military, among other things.

SO, For you to sit there, on your computer, and say she has no experience is a flat out lie.

she actually then seems more qualified than bill was when he was elected his first of two times.... :-\    she's got ta be a shoe in then.......i doubt if bill is going to say...well actually i did what hillary told me to do the whole while i was there.........her main beef with me ( a democrate)  is her health plan....we need totally free basic medical avaliabilty....she had a "complete comprehebnsive"  package she presented to the house an senat in bills term that was quite thorough and structured....but it simply missed the mark on pratacality and simplicitics....lost its democtatic base direction and ended back in bed with the drug companies.......cant afford to foll around 4 more yrs "legislating" it.....weve lost 8 yrs of progress in covering amercians with basic medical services....the same amount of folks who struggled wilh high  cost insureance/no insurance/..and folks who have "lost" the  mecdical avaliablility they had is the same if not higher than it was 8 yrs ago.......do you think they asked for insureance cards and infromation as they were being brought into the hospitals on 9/11  ??  did they have to call blue cross blue shield before they operated on someone to get pre cert???  do yo think that the hhospital's actually got around to finally billingthe insurance companies ???).....each and everyone one....itemized and billed accordingly?????...did they turn anyone away, on 9/11because they didnt have insurance and couldnt pay for it????... did they gt a bil and have to pay it personally if they didnt have insurance....???/  or  would the insurance not pay for it anyway because of the ole  " terroist clause"????....when did health insurance start anyway?...jbarl

CPL

SRU said:
Among those choices aavailable to Democrat voters, how does her experience stack-up?

That is where it gets kind of tricky. If Democrats were going after experience alone, no doubt Bill Richardson would have got the nomination. Barack Obama had only been a US Senator for less than 2 yrs when he announced he was running. John Edwards was Senator for 6 years and served on 2 or 3 committees, if I remember correctly. I would say if you were going to rank them, based on experience, it would be: 1. Clinton, 2. Edwards, 3. Obama. However, anyone who has watched these campaigns, both Rep. and Dem., knows that conventional wisdom has practically been erased from this election.

shorthorns r us

Next question

Among the Democrat candidates, what are the differences in their positions on the issues.  Just the issues that are important to the majority of Americans.

1. the economy
2. taxes
3. healthcare
4. immigration
5. education
6. moral issues
7. war

kanshow

It would appear to me that a lot of the Democrat primary voters have been swayed by a very smooth talking Obama. 

CPL

SRU said:
Next question

Among the Democrat candidates, what are the differences in their positions on the issues.  Just the issues that are important to the majority of Americans.

1. the economy
2. taxes
3. healthcare
4. immigration
5. education
6. moral issues
7. war

Unfortunately, Most of the Democrats are not talking about current issues. It seems like if its not universal Health Care or Ending the War in Iraq, we are hearing gender/race bashing, etc etc.

Wether they like to talk about it or not, their websites have an issues page.

Clinton: http://hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Obama: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

2. Taxes. Most of the programs, etc that the Dems are trying to come up with lead to two things. Bigger Government, Higher Taxes.

3. Health Care. Hillary wants to make it mandatory for EVERYONE to get health care. Obama wants to bring down health care costs so that everyone can afford it.

4. Immigration. In the beginning of 2007, Jim Gilchrist, found of the Minuteman Project, interviewed all the candidates (Rep. and Dem.) and came to the conclusion that most Dems. don't believe our immigration problem is that big of a deal. Just for a side note, Gilchrist threw his support behind Mike Huckabee.

6. Moral Issues. Hillary is a member of the United Methodist Church and Obama is with the United Church of Christ. Regardless they don't support ending abortion or outlawing gay marriage.

7. War. It seems like they all want to get out of Iraq, but from what I've heard Clinton has the best plan to get out of Iraq "safely".

I think those are all that I'm qualified to answer.

OH Breeder

SRU said:
Next question

1. the economy
2. taxes
3. healthcare
4. immigration
5. education
6. moral issues
7. war

FIrst I am the most non political person there is. I stay as far away from politics as possible. So here it goes.
You can't legislate Morality. Society should be self restraining.( whether it is or not another story) I have never felt like the government should have any interest/business in what we do with our bodies or who we do it with. I don't think the founding fathers meant for government to go that far. ( physician assisted suicide etc....)

Me personally here are my big three:
Economy
Health Care
War

CPL

OH Breeder said:
SRU said:
Next question

1. the economy
2. taxes
3. healthcare
4. immigration
5. education
6. moral issues
7. war

FIrst I am the most non political person there is. I stay as far away from politics as possible. So here it goes.
You can't legislate Morality. Society should be self restraining.( whether it is or not another story) I have never felt like the government should have any interest/business in what we do with our bodies or who we do it with. I don't think the founding fathers meant for government to go that far. ( physician assisted suicide etc....)

I agree with you that the government should not impose any religion on its citizens. I don't think that banning abortion would be imposing religion. The constitution grants us all life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I feel the US Government should side with the constitution on the issue of life. Regardless whether an embryo is 1 day old or 88 years old, the government should do everything it can to allow for a death of old age.

Other than that I don't feel it necessary for the government to regulate "marriages" to opposite sexes. I personally define marriage with one man and one women, so to me any other kind of bondage with same sexes is "civil unions" to me atleast.

God gave us free choice. If we want to get into Heaven we have to do it willingly. In my opinion, if God doesn't force humans to obey his word, the Government shouldn't either.

shorthorns r us

CPL said:
SRU said:
Next question

1. the economy
2. taxes
3. healthcare
4. immigration
5. education
6. moral issues
7. war

Unfortunately, Most of the Democrats are not talking about current issues. It seems like if its not universal Health Care or Ending the War in Iraq, we are hearing gender/race bashing, etc etc.

Wether they like to talk about it or not, their websites have an issues page.

Clinton: http://hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Obama: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

2. Taxes. Most of the programs, etc that the Dems are trying to come up with lead to two things. Bigger Government, Higher Taxes.

3. Health Care. Hillary wants to make it mandatory for EVERYONE to get health care. Obama wants to bring down health care costs so that everyone can afford it.

4. Immigration. In the beginning of 2007, Jim Gilchrist, found of the Minuteman Project, interviewed all the candidates (Rep. and Dem.) and came to the conclusion that most Dems. don't believe our immigration problem is that big of a deal. Just for a side note, Gilchrist threw his support behind Mike Huckabee.

6. Moral Issues. Hillary is a member of the United Methodist Church and Obama is with the United Church of Christ. Regardless they don't support ending abortion or outlawing gay marriage.

7. War. It seems like they all want to get out of Iraq, but from what I've heard Clinton has the best plan to get out of Iraq "safely".

I think those are all that I'm qualified to answer.

As a Republican, I am not able to vote in my state's Democratic primary.  But, my family are all Democrats and I have disscussed it with them over and over and over and over and over.  On the issues, they are very nearly identical.  That stated; something irrelevant to their positions on the issues is being used by voters to choose the nominee.  I think that makes for a difficult decision especially based upon the information presented to most voters.  Only about 2 million people watch the debates and not many of them use the performance as a selection criteria.  Most voters base their decision on the blurbs on the news.  Unfortunatley the news usually shows only zingers and jokes.  Ain't it great.

knabe

CPL said:
I agree with you that the government should not impose any religion on its citizens. I don't think that banning abortion would be imposing religion. The constitution grants us all life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I feel the US Government should side with the constitution on the issue of life. Regardless whether an embryo is 1 day old or 88 years old, the government should do everything it can to allow for a death of old age.

but the states CAN, in fact, i think 2 or 3 had an official religion.

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness was changed from life, liberty, and the pursuit of property.  the constitution was based on balance, not an absolute on either side.  the repubs, need to do a better job at adoption, the dems need to do a better job at reducing unwanted pregnancies rather than sexual progressivism.  if freedom is progressive, where are the limits?  where is the balance.  stealing words seems like an obssesion.

OH Breeder

CPL said:
OH Breeder said:
SRU said:
Next question

1. the economy
2. taxes
3. healthcare
4. immigration
5. education
6. moral issues
7. war

Other than that I don't feel it necessary for the government to regulate "marriages" to opposite sexes. I personally define marriage with one man and one women, so to me any other kind of bondage with same sexes is "civil unions" to me atleast.

God gave us free choice. If we want to get into Heaven we have to do it willingly. In my opinion, if God doesn't force humans to obey his word, the Government shouldn't either.

My mother always said, not to judge because when you are standing at the pearlly gates you will be judged. I have always held that close to heart. I would prefer less government involvement in my everyday life verses more. I don't care if you marry a goat or live with a "life partner"...in that sense what you do- does not affect my daily life.Not for me to judge.
If we all just lived by the 10 commandments we would be alot farther ahead.

kimbaljd

I am with you on that last comment.
My only problem is, usually when there is a Dem as president that means bigger government and more taxes.

knabe

i received "perspectives" from NC state university the other day.  inside was a story about latino outreach in agriculture and a lady from costa rica has a new post at nc state.  however, a couple of lines in the story disturbed me.

i quote,

"Aguilar finally landed work at Pitt county Mental Health Center, where she first experienced Lation children's challenges in the U.S.
"the teachers said one boy was 'too fidgety,'" she recalls.  "I went to observe him.  They have the kids form into circles for activities at that age, and when that included music, the youngster would start dancing.  That's a cultural thing.  Most Latino's, when we hear music, we start dancing."

I have a couple of problems with these comments.

first of all, I have observed the same circle activities in kids, they pretty much ALL start dancing when they hear music, and to this day, SO DO I.  i'm listening to music right now, and i'm keeping time with the music.

second, what's this business of WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  this comment is so offensive and devisive.

it's a we/them cultural reinforcement rather than assimilation.    many people of hispanic heritage proudly proclaim, "whereever a mexican is, there is mexico".  where are they if an american is there? or when an american is not there?  what a complete and total joke.

this is treason.  what is so WRONG with America?  why does everyone want to come here and change it?  we are speeding towards balkanization.

assimilation is racist.

Jill

I have 3 little boys that are too fidgety, I guarantee you it doesn't have anything to do with being Latino!
I'm going to make a comment and I just want to say that this is just an observation, I'm not looking to be charged a racist or start a fight.
The hispanic people I have observed have no desire to be Americans, they want to work in America, downtown Kansas City has a district called little Mexico and it has not changed in the past 45 years.  They have their own language, culture, religion, they live in communities, they are more clickish that any group of  high school girls,  and most of them live, marry, have children and die in the same community.  When the Hispanic population becomes political, the Caucasun poplulation should be scared to death, unlike any other people I have seen, they are a united force and are becoming a large united force in many large cities, in just a few short years I believe you will begin to see some drastic changes in Washington. 
It is racist for me to say that it is a we/they thing, but to them it is a we/they thing, they have no desire to be integrated into society and are happy with that, future generation may be different, but that has been what I have witnessed.