noncattle topic- Medicare

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Since I'm on disability I receive Medicare. I know they've changed the plans again this year but I'm too brain dead to figure them out.
Does anyone understand what is different? Also does anyone have a plan under another insurance provider? I have my drug plan through Humana & am also looking at AARP's.
If you'd rather not post info here email me at [email protected]

thanks before hand!

Red

chambero

My mom just got old enough to join Medicare and had me help her get signed up.  I got cross-eyed trying to figure out so I used our the insurace consultant my company uses for our health insurance.  I'll forward you an e-mail that summarizes some stuff. But short story is he said AARP's prescription plan is hard to beat for the combination of price/formulary and Aetna & Mutual of Omaha have the best pricing on the gap plans.

rtnok

Thanks Chambero, for the advice my mother in law was asking about this the other day now I have some sound advice for her. It doesn't hurt to get in a few browny points from her anyway. Roni

cowz

Medicare is a true example of a crazy government sponsored bureacratic haze!  Yikes, I am beginning to sound like knabe!!!

Make sure you have a customer service number you can call that has a remote chance of hooking you up to a live human being.  My folks are on Secure Horizons.

Whatever you do find a company that will do all the negotiations with Medicare for you. 

I am not in favor of National Health.  BUT, if Obama goes there, the first thing they need to do is totally scrap Medicare and Medicaid and start completely over.

OKOK, I have vented and I feel much better now.

red

what gets me is that I pay for my drug plan. Generics cost $4 but level 3 drugs (which most of mine are cost $60) I pay for this separate from my medical plan. Just wanted everyone know this isn't a free ride like Medicade.
When you reach a certain amount that Medicare pays for you, everything is out of pocket until you reach another level. Of course the whole time you are paying out of pocket they are collecting money for their drug plan. Without going directly to the drug maker & getting some for free or at a discount because of income, we'd be sunk. One cost me $700 a month. Now who in the heck can an average farm family pay for that?

Red  (argue)

Latest posts