Noromectin Pour-On

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerchick

Hi, I'm new here. Great site.  (clapping)

I have a question. I applied Noromectin Pour-On about three weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that my heifer still has lice on her neck. Am I able to reapply and if so, how long after the first application can I do so?

shorthorns r us

treat the lice specifically.  call your vet, ag teacher or 4h agent.  better yet, go to the feed store or farm center and start reading labels.  that is the best way to learn.

CAB

Steerchick, are you sure that you saw lice? I have never seen lice, although it is possible. They are small, you may need a magnifying glass to see them. I have never used Noromectin, but I assume it is a generic form of Ivermectin. It should take care of the lice. You could read the label & decide if you want to repour your calves, but what you are seeing is more than likely the spring shedding process and the neck is an area that is easy for them to rub on things. A product that works real well in keeping external parasites off your cattle is Tactic. You can mix up small batches and apply semi often. It will keep your cattle's hair looking good. The rule of thumb B4 ivermectin was spray 2 times thoroughly 14 days apart to break the lice hatch cycle.

Latest posts