Northwestern people

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

I was just wondering who all was from the northwest.  It seems like most people are from the midwest but I have seen that there are a few other people from oregon and the surrounding states.  So where are you at, do you know of any shows, do you raise mainly commercial or show cattle, etc.

Stihlpro

I'm from the Northwest (western WA).  I try to raise steers for kids to show at fairs.  Use Steer Planet to get input from the "Big Boys (& Girls)".

[cowgirl_up_47

I am from NW Oregon. We raise some commercial cattle for beef and also purebred Pinzgauers. We show the Pinzgauers.

William

I live in SE Washington I show steers and heifers and fairs and jackpots around my area.

austin

Check out the member map. We're got quite a few planeteers from Canada! Sweet!

LazyGLowlines

Ruchian said:
I was just wondering who all was from the northwest.  It seems like most people are from the midwest but I have seen that there are a few other people from oregon and the surrounding states.  So where are you at, do you know of any shows, do you raise mainly commercial or show cattle, etc.

We are in Western WA. east of Olympia, about a 1/2 mile from Stilpro. We raise Fullblood Lowlines, most for breeding stock and the have an occasional steer. We are have  shown  at the Central WA State Fair, plus several trips to the NILE in Billings MT, (Grand Champion Fullblood Bull 2008, Reserve Champion Fullblood Bull 2006) and we have shown at the National Western Livestock show in Denver the last 2 years ( Reserve champion intermediate bull 2008) We are showing again this year at Denver with 10 head, and plan on showing at the Puyallup Spring Fair and the Spokane Livestock Fair plus several smaller fairs this year.

renegade

It can be but I have kinda realized that it can be like one of the best places to live. I live down in a "valley" Its a HUGE valley and its about an hour and a half to huge mountains and foothills - tons of trees and rivers steams etc. up above boise and on the other side of our vallery are some more desert like mountains that are the Owyhees and in the valley we are a little more desert but get plenty of water (even on drought years it was bad but i dont think they cut water off) and it doesnt get really humid and we dont worry about tornados, hurricanes, no huge blizzards, etc so actually its not bad I love it here. The only bad is all the homes and businesses coming in down in the valley but a lot of people graze blm land too

inthebarnagain

renegade said:
Hey do any of you NW people ever make to Idaho?

No, but I almost did to collect a couple thousand from a woman who stiffed me on some horse riding clothes, long story, sorry! :mad:

I am still sore about it, as you can tell!