Not cattle related but could use some help

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

As some of you care and remember I lost my dog of 14 years a couple months ago. I now feel I am ready for a new friend. I have searched the internet for a breed and a local breeder for over a week now and cannot find the combination I like. I have narrowed the search to a Terrier of some kind as I dont want a dog that sheds. I already have a corgi and she is a outside dog(she does come in when really cold but likes it outside best, her choice). I now feel I need to expand my search to neighbouring states to Colorado but would like to know where the pup comes from. I want a responsable breeder and since I cannot travel far I was wondering if anyone knows a breeder that has or will have a litter in the near future of a breed of Terrier. Thanks Frostier.

kanshow

Do you have a specific breed of terrier in mind?  Some of them can bring in a whole  host of coat issues - requiring grooming, and behavior issues..    Anyway, if you narrow down to a few breeds, do a search for the parent breed club(s).    For example, Pembroke Welsh Corgis - the parent club is the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America. Go to the parent club website &  take a look at the breed standards, characteristics, FAQ, & breeder code of ethics.    Look for a member/breeder in your area & make some contacts.    They may or may not have puppies available right now  but most likely can refer you to someone who does.  Don't be too put off by the show dog = big bucks either... not every puppy is a show puppy and they are usually price accordingly. 

BIGTEX

I loved my Jack Russell. They are very hyper if they don't get enough exercise. I will get another one when I'm ready for the "headache".
They do shed, a lot.

DR

My mom raises Austrailian Terriers. They are the size of a large Yorkshire Terrier. And they don't shed. If you would like some info please PM me.

Thanks,
Dean

cowz

Well, I did get my lap dog I always wanted, but he sheds like the dickens!  I found a french bulldog when we were at Shorthorn Jr. Nationals.  Good work researching the non shedding terrier.  We have to brush this one on the porch every night.  He is a great pickup and shop dog.  He tried to make friends with the ram the other night....did not go well.!  He has to sit in the feed bunk when we work on calves.  Let us know what you find! (dog)

Doc

We have always raised Aussies. When I finally got outvoted by a wife & 3 dtrs. about getting a house dog, we did a lot of research about nonshedding breeds & found ,they all shed. Some more than others, some long hairs vs short hairs. We ended up getting a Mini Aussie. Tickled to death with her, smart as regular Aussie, just a smaller version. She sheds some but not real bad.

Latest posts