Nothing like a successful purchase!

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

In 2011 I purchased a 4 month old heifer calf from Northern Shorthorns that was out of a cow I bred and sired by a bull my dad had bred.  I was positive I was going to be getting something awesome. Below is a picture of Yara the day I bought her.
ycandy28y.jpg

This heifer calf is now a 2 year old heifer who calved at 23 months unassisted!  What is even more exciting is her heifer calf is fabulous!! Attached is a video of Yara and her Diamond Young Baron 54Y heifer calf
Northern Yara Candy 28Y

What are some success stories you've had buying heifers?

J

JTM

Wow, that heifer was a freak as a calf! It looks like she is going to make em just like herself ehh? There is definitely something a little different about that cow with the length of her spine and her hip. Haven't seen many like that. Nice purchase!

thunderdownunder

jaimiediamond said:
In 2011 I purchased a 4 month old heifer calf from Northern Shorthorns that was out of a cow I bred and sired by a bull my dad had bred.  I was positive I was going to be getting something awesome. Below is a picture of Yara the day I bought her.
ycandy28y.jpg

This heifer calf is now a 2 year old heifer who calved at 23 months unassisted!  What is even more exciting is her heifer calf is fabulous!! Attached is a video of Yara and her Diamond Young Baron 54Y heifer calf
Northern Yara Candy 28Y

What are some success stories you've had buying heifers?

You know how I feel about this cow/unit.... I think I'm going to get "lost" coming home from Argentina  ;)

jaimiediamond

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

thunderdownunder said:
You know how I feel about this cow/unit.... I think I'm going to get "lost" coming home from Argentina  ;)

When you get yourself lost you'll have to help me show them!!!