Nothing like good news...

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

Got another HAPPY repeat customer today!!  And I was really glad when I checked out this webpage...  http://www.fernwood-farm.com/salebarn.htm
I'm so happy right now, that I just had to share!  Hope everyone else is having a great day too!  (thumbsup) 

knabe

sold a future for a steer today for next summer slaughter fed by me.  business is looking up.

TJ

knabe said:
sold a future for a steer today for next summer slaughter fed by me.  business is looking up.

That sounds pretty good.

dori36

TJ said:
Got another HAPPY repeat customer today!!  And I was really glad when I checked out this webpage...  http://www.fernwood-farm.com/salebarn.htm
I'm so happy right now, that I just had to share!  Hope everyone else is having a great day too!  (thumbsup) 

Nice goin', TJ.  The calves on the site for sale look real good.  Tell me again, pm if you' d prefer, how Doc dna'd for tenderness/marbling, etc.  Thanks!

TJ

Turkey Creek Ranch said:
Dori, I would bet he used Igenity. Thats what we used.

Nope, we used MMI.  We thought it was a better test than either Ingenity or Genestar.  MMI uses 128 markers for marbling. 

TJ

dori36 said:
TJ said:
I'm so happy right now, that I just had to share!  Hope everyone else is having a great day too!   (thumbsup)   

Nice goin', TJ.  The calves on the site for sale look real good.  Tell me again, pm if you' d prefer, how Doc dna'd for tenderness/marbling, etc.  Thanks!

Thanks Dori!  I can't remember the exact numbers for the tenderness test, so I would need to check with Cindy.  But, the tenderness test was OK, just nothing to get overly excited about, although I think it was really similar to the Lizbon bull's tenderness numbers... maybe it's better than I am thinking or maybe Lizbon's owner is just a good marketeer.  ;)  Doc's marbling was real good... top 1% out of 19,000 head at the time of the test & according to MMI, it translates into high choice/prime.   

This is a bit of a stretch, but Doc's sire is a 1/2 brother to Kintyre Sammy & Doc's dam is also a 1/2 sister to Kintyre Sammy.  Kintyre Sammy is 7 out of 8 stars for tenderness on the genestar test... don't know that Doc would test quite that well, but he obviously has some good animals in his pedigree for the genestar test. 

TJ

oakbar said:
Good looking calves, TJ!!   Good things do come in smaller packages!!

Thanks!  There are several more Doc calves that are just as good as those... I just need to snap some pictures.