now that everone is back from NAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

daydreamingacres

My husband and I really want to go to NAILE next year and were wondering about how much it costs for a hotel and stuff like that down there. Any one willing to share? we would like to go for proababy 4 days or so. Thank you!

Malinda

I stay 15 miles out on I 64 and pay under $55/night. It takes 12 minutes to get to the fairgrounds but you have to make sure you miss rush hour traffic. I have stayed at the Executive and Executive West (at the entrance to the fairgrounds) and the downtown Holiday Inn but would rather go cheap than convenient. The trouble with Louisville is that they have a 15% bed tax. You might consider someplace in Indiana to avoid the bed tax. For 6 nights for me and 4 nights for the guys that work for me my bill was over $600.

I did not go to Harrisburg to the Keystone International just because of the motel rates. There was a car show in the area and the motels were robbing everyone. The place I usually stay is normally $50/ night but this year they wanted $109 for a single and $129 for a double.

Sometimes the breeds have a block of rooms reserved at a discount at a motel they use as their show headquarters, but you really have to make reservations early.

Good luck,

Malinda

oakview

We showed at our first NAILE in 1975 and have been back many times since, sometimes to show and sometimes just to watch.  We stay at the motels right by the gate and spend about $85/night.  Jack Ragsdale was instrumental in getting this show off the ground and made a point of welcoming us the first time we went.  The hospitality has been great each year.  Just a word of warning, though, if you've never been there:  the Shorthorn heifer calf classes are not for the faint of heart!  You can have a great one and stand 10th.  It just gets better every year.

linnettejane

my room was pretty expensive...$160 a night with all the taxes added in....but we had a king suite, with sink, frig, and microwave, huge flat screen tv that rotated between bedroom and living room, very modern decor, a beautiful suite....we bought food that we could keep and fix at the hotel, plus the complimentary breakfast was pretty decent...it was right across the street from the grounds, which was nice with the little one...when she got tired we just ran over to the room...and of course she had to go swimming every night in the indoor pool....husband and i both decided it was one of the nicest hotels we had ever stayed in...BUT......next year we are not taking the little one and will go much cheaper on the room....lesson #12 and #13 learned after first trip to naile...

justintime

It gets pretty expensive to show here at some of our Canadian shows. I am at Canadian Western Agribition right now, and we have been here since last Friday and get released until Late Saturday, , so we are here for 9 nights in a hotel. This show will cost me almost $10,000 for my help, hotels, meals, etc, without counting the feed and work you do at home.My hotel bill is usually over $2500 as we have 2 rooms for the entire length of the show, and my wife and I stay at inlaws to cut some costs.  It is very expensive, however, it is almost a must for us, in that we get more exposure than at any other place we have ever been. The day before the show started we had visitors at our cattle from Brazil, South Africa and England. We are working on a semen deal to South Africa as well as embryos to England and the show is only 1 day old. Also lots of local traffic so hopefully it will build up to our show and sale at the end of the week.

cowz

We had Holiday Inn points to burn, so we tried the brand new holiday inn express across the street from gate 4.(Crittondon St.)  It was super nice and was $90 a night forthe nights we had to pay for.    I also like Quality Inns, I saw there was one on the south end on Phillips St.  My 4H kids were down at the Holiday Inn on Fern Valley Road, said it had seen better days.

The Executive Inn is Angus central, also looks like it needs spruced up, although they have a groovy Billy Joel type guy at the Piano Bar!!!

Its always so disgusting how the hotels try to gouge ya at every turn.

What did impress me very much was the hospitality everywhere and the great service you get in the restaurants.  Here you can hardly get the waitress to refill your water without an attitude.  Everyone in Louisville and Lexington were wonderful!

Throttle

For the full NAILE experience, you have to stay at the Executive at least once, or at least go to the bar there on Saturday night. The atmosphere there can't even be described, like a time warp to 1979, problem is, that is about what the rooms are like too, though I shouldn't say for sure b/c its been like 7 or 8 yrs since I stayed in one.

red

check w/ your breed association. Oftern they have blocks of rooms set aside w/ discounts.
The food at the expo center is pretty pricey. I usually ate at the Cowboy Cafe ( think that's the right name) that is in front of the barns.

Red

Davis Shorthorns

We stayed at the Ex. west and loved it.  They screwed up our room a single queen bed for 4 people.  So they ended up giving us a sweet with 2 queens and a fold out couch it was great, and the shuttle service is great also.  They even took us out to eat.