Nutt-N-Butt Business

Help Support Steer Planet:

john91

I am looking for some info on this sire. Birth weight? Frame size, does he make them bigger or downsize? It seems like I keep seeing his name pop up on the bottom side of a lot of pedigrees. So I assume he must be making some good daughters? What kind of cows does he seem to work best on?

kfacres

john91 said:
I am looking for some info on this sire. Birth weight? Frame size, does he make them bigger or downsize? It seems like I keep seeing his name pop up on the bottom side of a lot of pedigrees. So I assume he must be making some good daughters? What kind of cows does he seem to work best on?

If I'm not mistaken, he's OLD SCHOOL, from the yester years... 

Do a search on here, it seems his name gets brought up every couple of months.

QMC

use on smaller framed angus cows.  You shouldn't have calving problems, but I don't use him on heifers.  Hope for replacement heifers, but the steers will out gain most anything. 

Some times OLD SCHOOL = PROVEN...

kfacres

QMC said:
use on smaller framed angus cows.  You shouldn't have calving problems, but I don't use him on heifers.  Hope for replacement heifers, but the steers will out gain most anything. 

ditto.. you don't keep coming back for no reason... 

john91

[/quote]

A bull I really like is Power & Balance. He's out of Monopoly back on a Nutt n Butt x Take Charge. Talk about OLD SCHOOL pedigree on the dam side!

Thanks for the info. I did a search on some previous posts and found some good information on nutt n butt. Looks like Ben Kelly used him pretty heavy and got some cool females for his Right Direction bred female sales. They seem to be consistently stout and deep with a good look. How do his daughters milk? We've had a couple of Strictly Business daughters over the years and they don't ever seem to milk very good.