NW District Show ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

clifflem

Which one?  We have 2 NW district shows.  One in Enid and one in Woodward, that takes in the Panhandle and the far NW counties.  I spent from Saturday til yesterday in Woodward.  Woodward had 107 heifers and 70-some steers.  Grand steer was the champion Maine shown by Danielle Dodd from Arnett and was a Steirwalt calf.  Reserve was from Balko.  Champion Shorthorn was David Jett's daughter and was sired by a Vortec son they own.  David's girls also had the Res. Chi that was a Jake's Proud Jazz that was a very good calf. 
The Supreme Heifer was Randall Castor from Vici with a Shorthorn.  She is a Sin City XEskimo Joe cow that was bred by Fleming Partnership at Laverne.  Res. was the Chi and I think she came from Gregory's at Ames,OK. 
One of my kids I help had the Shorthorn heifer and I will try to get a picture of her up when we get them back.  She is a really nice heifer and we are looking forward to showing in OKC next week.

okiemom3

Steer show
Grand was Simi
Res was Simi
and 3rd was Simi
nice set of steers

I don't know who showed the animals and didn't stay to watch the Grand Heifer drive.

TMJ Show Cattle

Shortdawg,who was your friend judging in Enid? My great niece had a 2nd place Shorthorn heifer and won her class with a purebred Angus heifer that they showed as a commercial. The heifers were sent to Oklahoma for the winter and early spring shows and have done remarkably well.They are April Yearlings.The shortie is a daughter of Wernacres Ace's High 620 and the Commercial[Angus,registered] is a BEB Juneau. We are looking forwards to their return to Wisconsin for our summer shows..John OKLA.

Latest posts