Oakbar Ranch website now online!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

Our new website has just gone on line!!   Check it out at http://showcattlepage.com/oakbar/   and let me know what you think!!

this is the correct link!

Red

oakbar

Red,

I only know enough about computers to get by(remember, I have to be retrained after coffee breaks), so if you would put the link on for me I would sure appreciate it.

I hope we get to have that cup of coffee together soon!!

Thanks again!!

Lynn 

RSC

oakbar said:
Our new website has just gone on line!!   Check it out at  www.edjecattle.com/oakbar   and let me know what you think!!

A very nice start.  I like the Sin City Bull calf.  Boy with all these Shorthorn Breeders on here, I feel like a minority sometimes! ;D

If Ed will allow it, I suggest to update often.  The more times you can keep the Updated flag on your listing on his site, the more
traffic you will get.

RSC

Doc

I agree with RSC on the updates. I also might recommend maybe when clicking on your donors that you tell what the basic pedigree is. Looks good!!

OH Breeder

Very nice Oakbar. Great looking sight.  (thumbsup)
We just need take the plunge and get one as well. We keep kickin' it around. i am sure it increases the traffic. Do you have any pictures of calves out of the Vortec x Myrtle Bo cow?

oakbar

Thanks for the comments folks.  We know we still have some fine tuning to do like the pedigrees on the donors and the birth dates on the Sin City, Blue Blood, & KC Chief's Pride calves are incorrect for some reason .    I'm also waiting for some pictures of our AP 886 cow and hopefully the news that we have some embryos out of Grey Goose and then we'll complete the donor section.  My main goal was to get it up and running so we could work the kinks out before the 25th.  That's the beginning of our fair(Battle on the Borde show on 6/25)and we'll have quite a few of our cattle clipped up a little better for pictures by that time.  I figured with all my friends on SP to help me we'd get it smoothed out in no time.

The only picture we have of our Vortec X Myrtle Bo heifer is kind of old and has been posted before but I'll post it again so you can see it.    She's one of those that we'll be  showing in a couple of weeks so I'll probably wait until we have her fit to take more pictures.    We just flushed Myrtle today and we got 11 embryos.

If you want to see our farm, etc. take the time to click on the IPTV program featuring my oldest daughter, Allix.

Thanks again everyone  for your input & help!!

Lynn

Attachments

• Myrtle Bo and Fancy 4-08.JPG
    Myrtle Bo and Fancy 4-08.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 357

oakbar

Thanks LJ and Doc for your positive comments.   

We still have a ways to go on the website--we'll post new calf pics after we've had a chance to do some clipping & fitting.  Some of our calves aren't even pictured yet.

As far as the video goes--- It was really hot & dry last summer when the IPTV crew came to shoot the video.  We worked for days getting things spruced up in 95 degree heat and the day of the shoot it was about 75 and just beautiful.  Good thing--they were here for 8 hours to get the 5 minutes on the video.  It was actually a lot of fun and Allix got a lot of recognition and scholarships for all her hard work with the beef team and all her other 4-H activities.  Guess we gotta brag on our kids once in a while!! 

Our beef team has really been a big hit with the kids in the county and they're doing a great job of promoting beef all over the state.  We are currently planning a bus trip to the Denver stock show in January for the kids, their parents, and other interested "cattle" people as well as all the summer events--promotion, shows, judging contests, etc.  If I counted right, they'll be serving beef to more than 2,000 people over the next few weeks.  Good kids and they all work hard and well together.