Observations of The Show Circuit: Fall Sire Issue!

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

banko from james bond when he asks for money.  i'm thinking, "blanco..., banko!"  get a baccarat dealer pic with a caption, "carte please,... blanco wins!"

RSC

shortdawg said:
I'll be running an ad on my new bull in the coming months. He is solid white and appropriately named " Blanco ".  What kind of pics or catchy slogan should I use for him ?

I assume he is TH free.  How about "Blank out Genetic Defects with Blanco" :-*

Another thought I have & one I plan on using in the Spring when I promote a bull is a Knockout Dam picture. A Good Picture of the Dam,  You see it in some PB Breed Ads but not many in Show bull Ads.  I just think there are to many fake pictures of bulls and all the other Hype they put in Ads and not enough promoting where the Bull came from.

RSC

DL

How about Make 'em clean! Keep 'em clean with Blanco
TH and PHA free (I assume you are getting him tested for both - good PR ;)
I like the idea of the dam picture, also BW, WW, YW,  frame score, scrotal circ.....

Show Heifer

When I look at livestock, and visit with producers the one thing that really impresses me, and catches my opinion is the fact when they say "here is his/her mother, grandma, greatgrandma......"  When someone keeps GENERATIONS of a family, I KNOW they must be worth keeping and not just a freak of genetics....freaks hardly ever breed true, but good solid genetics will follow a path true!
So...do you have have several generations of his family....maybe a family tree type thing?

A good pic will make me hesitiate and look, good information will get my attention, and all of the above PLUS good reputation will get my checkbook out...you can make the call!!! (clapping) ;D

Blanco...just what you need, when you need everything~!

RSC

shortdawg said:
Yeah, that's a good idea ! Putting the dam in the ad.

Shortdawg,  If you in fact own Dam, Grand Dam, Flushmates and so on why not put several pictures in Ad.  Publications like the Show Circuit will allow
you to put up to 4 pictures withought an extra charge and only $10 for each additional picture.

Another thing I think I will do next time I put together an ad is post the proof on here before I aprove it.  Once it is put together,  the creative minds on
here might suggest something that would draw more attention.

Also, find a picture for your background that is unigue to your operation or to Blanco.   If you look at our Ad in the Sept/ Oct issue of the show circuit we used the ranch photo of one of my partners ranches.  It was one of the finalists on the photo contest.  Just something I thought was unigue to us.  I also liked the background to let people know the calves are ranch raised and not trader cattle.  Maybe I think to much!   I like the background in the Hunter brothers pasture sale ad in
last months show circuit.  It is a big picture of their top calf at a different angle than the one being shown.  I may include one of my boys in the next Ad along
with the Bull or calves.  I like to let people know it is a family operation they are dealing with.  Just some ideas.

Below is a picture of my youngest boy that we are thinking about putting in our private treaty sale  Ad next fall.  "Our cowboys maybe rough, But our cattle are sharp"
Note: Check out the dollar bill in the front of his shorts and the mobile phone under his hand.  Have fun with the Ad and let people see the personality of the people they
will do business with! ::)

Good Luck,

RSC

Attachments

• Grady Boots and Shorts.jpg
    Grady Boots and Shorts.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 541

red

Oh my, we get your boys, Jill's boys & Justme's son together & we'd have a real posse gang! Loved the picture.

I like to see any pictures in ads of flushmates, siblings or parents. I think if you can look at what's in the family you can get a good idea of what can be produced.
Good luck Shortdawg. When you get your ad worked up send it to me.

Red

shortdawg

Thanks for all the input ! Blanco is TH free and his PHA test is pending ( I talked to SEK yesterday ). I had DL and some others research his pedigree and they didn't see any reason he wouldn't be clean of both. He will become a Georgian in the next week or so. He is a half sib to the steer in my profile out of a really nice maternal looking dam.

DL

How about
He's white
He's clean
He's Shorthorn
He's Blanco

so far so good with the dawgs  (dog) (clapping) (dog)

RSC

dragon lady said:
How about
He's white
He's clean
He's Shorthorn
He's Blanco

so far so good with the dawgs  (dog) (clapping) (dog)

[/quote

How about the old Irish Spring commercial!

BLANCO, Fresh & Clean as a Whistle!

RSC

Joe Boy

Show Heifer,
Glad you cleared the air and got a load off your chest......  Road rage now leads the nation over drunken drivers for fatal accidents and we would not want that to happen to you.....ha....    

Your points are worthy of everyones attention.

If everyone was honest that would end all the soap operas on TV........ and there would be lest laws governing peoples actions.

I sold my PHA carrier to a feed lot and it hurt as she was so beautiful and would have made a great addition to any ones red herd.......  I am not saying everyone has to do that, but if we did the problem would vanish over night.

I once bought the floor at a county show to keep my step mother's son-in-law out of jail and he kept raising my price.  The state legislator who was the secretary of the show told me he knew why I was doing it.  The fellow wanted the floor to sell the grand champions to another fellow who is a wheeler dealer (Jockey) who would sell them to some kid and let him show in a later show in south Texas.  The board had said if it happened the fellow's kids would not show again.  We have papers signed that the animals have to raised by a child as a project.

Money is essential for life, but like sex and hunger, one must control those appetites.  There is no difference in a prostitute than a person who sells their integrity for money.  I once told a boy in law school.  "Make an honest lawyer.  Do not become a prostitute!"  His mother said, "Joe Dale, please don't say things like that."  I explained that there is no difference in a prostitute than a lawyer or any other profession including preachers who behave and conduct themselves in such a way as to get money rather than getting it right.  A lawyer is not hired to get a guilty person acquitted but to see that they get a fair trial according to the law.  Why we would arrest a poor woman selling her body to get by and print a lawyers picture on the front page of the largest newspapers and magazines as a hero for getting a guilty person acquitted is hypocritical.  I do not want either one on the street, but I am a minority.....just wait until I have to have an attorney then I will find the crookedest I can fine to get me off....just like O.J....ha...

I do appreciate what you said....sorry I was so wordy....

JbarL

if anything but the stock caught your eye.....the layout guy earned his/her monies ........but its really just an  end around.....shoot sometimes....a nice family pic of the owners and the complex get the same resluts.......keep your eyes on the product....and fuel in your tank......jbarl

ELBEE

One of the warm and fuzzy feelings in life for me is; when a visitor comments on how much better our cattle look in person than in our ads.

red

I'm like you Elbee. I love it when someone tells me a picture didn't do justice. I hesitate sometimes to take pictures. a bad one can kill a sale faster than anything. Sometimes if they don't have a lot of hair or aren't standing just right you can make them look really bad. I love how some photographers can make a plain jane cow in a pasture look fantastic. Fred Stivers is one of those & I think Christie Collins is too.

Red