Off the wall....inquiring

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

OK, I must be a computer illiterate.....how is everyone jumping to the conclusion that "the truth" is the same as (I can't even remember the name). Is there a way to trace ISP numbers that I don't know about? Is that a "special" thing for our babysitters?

I know some people are not who they say they are on here (found that out by photo....) and I know some pretend to be someone else to "get friendly" with their enemies.....

But can't figure out how you can register two different names with the same ISP number and how everyone is obviously seeing this ISP info....

Explain somebody....please.

red

as a "baby sitter" I can track ISP's. sorry if this "big brother" to you.
Also as Jill & Big Tex said there is usually a certain tone to most posters. It's very easy to be able to tell on must boards when someone posts under an alias.
as far as the people that try to get "friendly" w/ you, that sounds like a whole nother issue in it's own.
Red

frostback

Is that a "special" thing for our babysitters?

[/quote]

I think a lot of respect should be giving to the people who give there free time to this board.
They are Moderators- one who presides over a meeting, forum, or debate
not         Babysitters- one who is engaged to care for children in a temporary absence of parents
                                  or guardians

red

I guess I'm just going to say that I'm not going to let some people get under my skin. As Frosty said, Cowz & I are unpaid volunteers. If you don't like how we do this you just need to tell Jason or PM us directly.

Red

cowz

Please, for all of you that cannot tolerate a little restraint, do send a PM to request that Jason remove me as a moderator. 

Or, observing our Constitutional rights, you may feel free to join a group that loves non stop anarchy.  I refuse to take the blame for everything!

red

Cowz!  :'( :'( :'( :'(
I couldn't stand it! Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for all of us! I'll get accused of cheerleading but you are our voice of reason!

Red

cowz

Cheerleaders tend to care about the well being and success of the group.

Nothing wrong about being a cheerleader.

red

BTY, since I can see yours here is my ISP address.  red (64.12.116.78)
Hope this makes it even for some.

Red

oakbar

I'm very glad we have our moderators.  

Point is that if we don't argue like children we won't need a babysitter.  All of us have responded too quickly to percieved, negative posts, including me.   We need to all think about what we post--maybe even think about it overnight once in awhile.  Overal, IMHO, we should keep our discussions as positive as possible, understand that we have a lot of young "partners" on this site who are learning from the "adults"(although sometimes the youngsters seem to be more grown up than the older folks), and not make cutting, personal remarks about others even if we disagree with what they post.

Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and just lighten up a little.

You may not want it, but IMHO we should be grateful for the "cooler heads" who serve as our moderators!!!  They can check out my ISP anytime they want---heck, I don't even know what mine is.   They can even check my ESP, IQ, Grade Point, Zip Code, or Hat size for all I care!!  (I'd appreciate it if you don't give out the change in my belt size over the last several years, though!!)

From this Iowegian, anyway, I'd like to offer a big THANK YOU to all the moderators--keep up the good work!!    

Oakbar

Losin Money

Two people I must meet at the BEST shows...Red and Cowz.  I like your attitudes!  Are you my wifes long lost sisters?

Show Heifer

Geesh, some of you people need to relax and take a deep breath....I ask a simple question, and due to my inability to spell, I used the word babysitter, as that is what they are sometimes, and is what they act like sometimes. I am not saying that is a bad thing.

I was just curious how everyone pegged those two as the same......now I know.....intuition.....and a peek by those in power. Question answered. That is all I needed...thank you for those first 1 or 2 that answered the actual question.

RaRa Ree...kick me in my knee....RaRa Raa....kick me in my......other knee...(yea, something like that!!)

So, relax you people.....and every time I ask a question don't think it is about you, or yours. It probably isn't (I just have a curious mind and the guts to ask what everyone else is too afraid to.)