Official "How to Resize my Picture" Thread

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

Most of the time when you take photos from a higher resolution digital camera, you are going to end up with very large pictures on your computer.  The large format is a necessity if you are going to being making prints of your photos, but the computer monitor does need near the size to accurately render a picture.

The easier way to resize your photo in Windows.

1.  Find the picture that you want to use and Right Click on it and click edit.
2.  By default this should open the program in Microsoft Paint, which comes pre-installed with Windows.
3.  The picture will than open up into Paint and be visible on your screen.
4.  From the menu bar at the top, Left Click on Image and than click on "Stretch/Skew".
5.  In the 2 Stretch boxes, enter a percentage of what you want the photo to shrink to.  For example, if you entered 25%, the photo would shrink from 1000 to 250.
6.  Be sure to enter the exact same amount in each box or it will distort the image.
7.  Than click on File and Save.  The picture has now been shrunk.  Please be aware you changed the original file.  If you want to keep the original file, click "Save AS' and than save it as a new name.  Then when you close Paint, do not save the original file.

I am not familiar with the process on a Mac, maybe someone can chime in.  Also we are still available to resize photos if you have any trouble, just pm any moderator.

TJ

Thank you for posting that info.  Honestly, I didn't even know that program even exisited on my computer!  I recently purchased a really good photo editor program, so resizing is no longer an issue for me, but it is still good info to know about & I'm sure that this will help countless others on this board.  Thanks again.   

red

I've found that anything around 75 KB or 500 x 350 works well.
I use the Adobe Photo program. It has worked great for me.

Red

itk

You mean there isn't a magic resize fairy that lives in my computer and resizes my pictures when I'm not looking. What are you going to tell me next, there is no Easter Bunny.  :))) Thanks red and SRU for all the resize help because even with specific instructions I still won't be able to figure it out.

garett

Thanks for these awesome direstions Jason.  I put them to good use and it worked out perfectly.........Thanks so much!!  ;D

Nasc

testing to see if i got it right

Attachments

• pudkareecribsmall.JPG
    pudkareecribsmall.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,977

jason

Here is nice tutorial with photos included on the same method I have listed above.

http://www.jerrylabella.com/paint_how_to.htm

spectator

Here's my first attempt to post a photo . . . I'm working in iPhoto and having trouble finding a "happy medium" between 112 and 32 KB. This picture was taken at my favorite show location in Greeley, Colorado, during the Rocky Mountain Beef Expo in May. Thank you for any suggestions on getting this right!

Attachments

• RMBE.jpg
    RMBE.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 831

BCCC

spectator said:
Here's my first attempt to post a photo . . . I'm working in iPhoto and having trouble finding a "happy medium" between 112 and 32 KB. This picture was taken at my favorite show location in Greeley, Colorado, during the Rocky Mountain Beef Expo in May. Thank you for any suggestions on getting this right!
Gotta love his... Mass ;D what is he and how did you place??  keep up the good work

spectator

I just took the photo, but I believe this is the Reserve Supreme Champion Market Animal show by Jordan Stromberger, Champion, Neb., according to the Greeley Tribune.

Stihlpro

Trying also.....

Attachments

• Dr Who Heifer.jpg
    Dr Who Heifer.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 335

Latest posts