OH BOY IS IT HOT!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

tadpole

It got to be 110 degrees here today and it was really humid too.  The cows looked miserable.  I had a bunch of cidr'ed cows that were in heat today.  I had to put them calf pen in the grove to try and keep them cool.  Just got in from breeding four of them.  Im going to wake up at 4 or 4:30 tomorrow morning while its still cool and breed the last of them.  We are in north central iowa and the weather man said it suppost to be this hot pretty much all this week.  Im taking two calves to the Battle on the Border show on Wednesday so hopefully it isnt as hot on wed other wise the show could be hot and miserable.  Anyone else getting really high temps?

garett

YES! Same here! Im in Northern MO. Except is was just right around 100 most of the day and finally got to cooling off around 9:30. Its soo miserable.
Im planning on showing this Friday but idk how thats gonna work out. We are under a heat Advisory until Wed at 10 pm. Gosh I sure hate this, its supposed to be around 90 by 10 or so tomorrow morning.

BCCC

We had the same kind of weather today also, I am glad I was on a swather with an a/c that runs all the time! Bred a cow at about 10pm and it was stil 85. High for the week is 111 and supposed to be 95 by 11 am tomarrow:mad: :mad:

Cattledog

I'm here in Illinois and with all of the rain we've had it is hot and humid!  Not quite 110 though!  That's hot!

LazyGLowlines

So I suppose I shouldn't say we're having a tough time even reaching 70 degrees, huh?  We call it 'natural air conditioning'. 

shortyjock89

LazyGLowlines said:
So I suppose I shouldn't say we're having a tough time even reaching 70 degrees, huh?  We call it 'natural air conditioning'. 

SO LUCKY!  We can't even get it that cold in the house.  It's been like 94 and humid as all get out for the last week, and they say it's gonna be this way for a bit.

justintime

I was hoping to go to the Junior National show this year, but have had my plans changed by other family commitments. Maybe it is a good thing, as I am sure a Northern prairie boy like myself would probably melt in such heat. We can get hot here, but usually it is less humid than those who live in the midwest and eastern states get, and our highest temps usually don't appear until July and August. Today was quite moderate temps, but the rest of the week is supposed to be mid 80s. We have been limping along with moisture so far, and are getting by, but I am afraid if it doesn't rain more, everything will fry when the heat does hit here. 30 miles from here had 7 inches of rain in the past two days. We got .3 inch. If it had spread it around some, everyone would be better off.

tadpole

Its a quarter after seven and the thermometer already says 79.  It going to be hot again today!  I just got in from breeding cows a little bit ago and I was already sweating  bullets! 

Jill

In Kansas City it was still 87 last night on the 10 o'clock news, it is 77 right now with 90% humidity, heat index to be 105-110 all week long.

herefordfootball

We havent had that 100 or 110 degree stuff. That stinks!! We got up to 92 last week, but the humidity was 78%, and it felt like you could barely breath!!! We were sweating all day long and the cattle looked horrible, even with the fans.

jason

Jill said:
In Kansas City it was still 87 last night on the 10 o'clock news, it is 77 right now with 90% humidity, heat index to be 105-110 all week long.

Same here, ridiculously hot even at 7 am.

creativecattle

I am headed to Eby in Kansas tonight to do some video. Didn't plan that too well! Suppose to be over a 100 every day. Good thing I have the sunscreen packed!

clubcalve

In Wisconsin It is 95. Had to get the hose out for the cleanup bull he was standing next to the hidrant and he just let me do it

AAOK

Just a tipical late June afternoon in Ada, OK.  Wind out of the south at 6mph, 95 degrees, and only 38% humidity.  Think I'll go take a walk this evening..................good fishing weather too.   8)

beaner jane

Garett said:
YES! Same here! Im in Northern MO. Except is was just right around 100 most of the day and finally got to cooling off around 9:30. Its soo miserable.
Im planning on showing this Friday but idk how thats gonna work out. We are under a heat Advisory until Wed at 10 pm. Gosh I sure hate this, its supposed to be around 90 by 10 or so tomorrow morning.

What show are you going to this weekend? I didn't think that there were any?

garett

beaner jane said:
Garett said:

What show are you going to this weekend? I didn't think that there were any?

Its the Northeast MO Open Show in Memphis at the Scotland County Fair Grounds. Pm me if you want any more details..

ZNT

We've have been just the normal hot for this time of year in Texas, 95-102degrees.  But the problem around here is it just doesn't seem to cool off at night.  I was on the way to work this morning at 5 o'clock, and it was already 83 degrees.  I would love it to get in the upper 60's or low 70's at night so we could open up the windows and cool the house off without A/C.  Never a good sign when the A/C is running at 5 in the morning.  Things are drying out fast, but that too is also keeping our humidity down a little.