Oh no Texans - Hurricane headed our way!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

:-\    Well, it looks like it is coming straight for us, I live in Wharton which is about 50 miles from the coast of Matagorda.  They say we might get about 10 - 12 inches of rain and alot of wind.  I want the rain but of course not the wind.  I am putting my horses in the pasture, they all get kind of goofy in bad weather in their stalls, and personally I think it is safer for them out there, just in case something falls down on them in the barn.  The show calves will stay in their pens and hopefully will be okay, it just so happens that we just went and picked up my daughter's new show steer yesterday so he is pretty anxious acting right now anyway so I hope he makes it through without getting too upset.  She ended up getting an Exotic steer for next year's fair, she wanted to show American but we couldn't find the "right" one.  She got a nice one though, he is a smokey and looks great.  I will get pictures of him for ya'll later.  Anyway, signing off for today, I will try and get on tomorrow if we have power and let you guys know if we are floating or not....Prayers for everyone in the path of this bad storm...  Lisa 

Simmymom1

:eek:  We are not "floating" after all, the Tropical Storm that I thought would be a Hurricane is looking like it has missed hitting us totally.  I am not sure at this point if we are going to get any rain at all.  It came in closer to Galveston than Matagorda so it really has not effected us at all.  Kind of a bummer, I was hoping for some good rain.  Oh well, at least we didn't have any severe stuff.  Hope everyone has a great day - Lisa

Latest posts