Ohio Beef Expo:slight change of plans

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

Well, there has been a last minute change of plans for us on our Gigolo Joe display for the Ohio Beef Expo.  I have been really nervous about taking a newly weaned and young calf to display for three days so far from home.  I am more concerned about keeping the calf healthy and not dragging anything home than I am about having him there live and in person to advertise for Gigolo Joe.  So, I have opted to still do the Gigolo Joe display without the benefit of live animal on display.  I hope that this won't disappoint anyone.  We are going to still have a great display but we will be set up to do more socializing and entertaining and hopefully MARKETING!!   I think that the changes in the display will be a lot of fun and I hope that everyone will stop by and see us.  I am working on my killer coffee and will also have other beverages available.  Cathy is baking cookies as we speak and I have stocked up on CHOCOLATE...GLORIOUS CHOCOLATE!!!  

I have attached a current picture of the Gigolo Joe son that we were going to take.  I will just plug that he is for sale if anyone is interested.  (clapping)

Attachments

• Gigolo Joe x Mona Lisa-Big Improvement smaller file.jpg
    Gigolo Joe x Mona Lisa-Big Improvement smaller file.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 211

common sense

LOL, ok, how did i manage to do that?  Didn't mean to post picture twice!  (pop)

shortyjock89

Juli N a/k/a common sense said:
LOL, ok, how did i manage to do that?  Didn't mean to post picture twice!   (pop)

Took care of it.  He sure does look good.  I wish I could make it to the OBE, but I've been away from home an awful lot lately.

ShowmanQ

I resized the picture a little, so it could be viewed easier. BTW, he looks awesome...is he being sold as a bull, steer, or leaving the option to the buyer?

Attachments

• gig joe son.jpg
    gig joe son.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 157

VJ

Call me a troublemaker but I have to ask, Will you be handing out any novelty items?  <cowboy>

common sense

VJ said:
Call me a troublemaker but I have to ask, Will you be handing out any novelty items?  <cowboy>

You are a bad one!  (lol)  However, if you are looking for Gigolo Joe information please stop by the booth and talk to Brad or me.  <cowboy>

common sense

ShowmanQ said:
I resized the picture a little, so it could be viewed easier. BTW, he looks awesome...is he being sold as a bull, steer, or leaving the option to the buyer?

Thank you for that resize!  He is still a bull but whomever buys him can do whatever they like with him.

VJ

VJ said:

You are a bad one!   (lol)  However, if you are looking for Gigolo Joe information please stop by the booth and talk to Brad or me.   <cowboy>
I plan on putting him to the test this year. My daughter has the prettiest Maine cow there ever was. She's never raised a calf good enough for the local sale barn. She will get him. I've tried Ali, Dr Who, Jazz son with awful results. I gave a lot of money for her otherwise she'd been gone by now. She's a Strictly Business x ATM. I have another pretty soggy made PB Maine I'll use him on.

common sense

I plan on putting him to the test this year. My daughter has the prettiest Maine cow there ever was. She's never raised a calf good enough for the local sale barn. She will get him. I've tried Ali, Dr Who, Jazz son with awful results. I gave a lot of money for her otherwise she'd been gone by now. She's a Strictly Business x ATM. I have another pretty soggy made PB Maine I'll use him on.
[/quote]

Well bring your tank along!  We are handing out Gigolo Joe caps to anyone who purchases 5 units of semen or more!

OH Breeder

Well bring your tank along!  We are handing out Gigolo Joe caps to anyone who purchases 5 units of semen or more!
[/quote]

1- what is the cost of semen
2- what are the genetics on the boy you have for sale besides GJ or do you mind positng his Registration number?

thank you

red

Juli, I don't blame you at all. that's a lot of stress on a young bull. Also w/ typical Ohio weather I think it will vary between the mid 20's & upper 60's.
OH B- I think the breeding is under the picture. Not sure of Mona Lisa's breeding.

For novelty items I can bring an ink pad & give away autographs of Woody's paw print!

Red

Jill

red said:
Juli, I don't blame you at all. that's a lot of stress on a young bull. Also w/ typical Ohio weather I think it will vary between the mid 20's & upper 60's.
OH B- I think the breeding is under the picture. Not sure of Mona Lisa's breeding.

For novelty items I can bring an ink pad & give away autographs of Woody's paw print!

Red
Only if your going to do it in pink Carhartt's (clapping)

red

Jill said:
red said:

Red
Only if your going to do it in pink Carhartt's (clapping)

Juli- where do you find pick carhartts? I've never seen them!

Red

OH Breeder

red said:

Red

Cost of semen?

OH Breeder

red said:
Cost of semen?

SEK has it at $25 a straw.

I didn't know with some of the breeders they have "Expo Specials" if that was going to be different etc. Sounds good.

justme

ABS also carries Gigolo Joe.

I've seen this bull calf several times.  let me tell ya, he gets better everytime I see him.

OH Breeder

I use ABS all the time. The rep lives half mile down the road from us. I have always had good luck with their semen. I went to their AI school and appreciate their standards on freezing.

Show Steaks

If this calf is out of the female i remeber, then I Really like the dam of this calf. Gotta liek joe, he's sucha quiet bull

CJC

I like him Juli. I think it would be a shame to cut him.

Juli
Can you PM me the price on him.

Thank You
Jay