Ohio beef expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

Yours truly will be in attendance. I'm looking for some work too so if you or anybody you know possibly needs a hand with the sale cattle or whatever needs done, get ahold of me. I won't get you for an arm or a leg either.

OH Breeder

BridgeViewAngus said:
What are the closest hotels to the expo?

There is a Holiday Inn Express BUT some of the closest hotels have a bit of crime and I would not feel comfortable recommending them. Easton is the highest dollar wise. There are chain hotels within a mile or two but you are right against the free way. About 4 miles to the downtown there is a Hampton Inn and it is near the North Market and the Short North area as well as Arena and Brewery District. There is a Springhill suites that is nice and newer about 5 miles from Fairgrounds and is near some shopping etc. Polaris is north about 8 miles or so. Just depends on price range you want to be in.

buckeye

I will be there to purchase some semen and a maine and shorthorn... There are many good places to eat depending on what you like,,, If you have watched the Food Channel you may have seen or heard about Thurmans

OH Breeder

buckeye said:
I will be there to purchase some semen and a maine and shorthorn... There are many good places to eat depending on what you like,,, If you have watched the Food Channel you may have seen or heard about Thurmans

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Thurmanator[/size][/size]

probably should be called Heart Attack......

Attachments

• thurmanator.jpg
    thurmanator.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 190

trevorgreycattleco

OH Breeder is right, dont stay close to the fairgrounds. Its not the nicest place. Lock your stuff up. There are a few hotels north of Polaris about 10 minutes. There is a Waffle House for the drinkers, Crackel Barrel for the family and Flying J's for the hookers. Just telling the truth folks. I saw em working the truck parking lot not long ago. I only live about 15 - 20 minutes from there. So I got that going for me ::)

Looking forward to meeting any steerplanet folks for sure!

johnmetzger

Crown Plaza seems to be a secure place to stay. But would still take everything to your room. Yes even nitrogen tank.

ok, thanks.  I got a room at the Comfort Inn, I think it's 6 or 7 miles away.  Hope that's safe.  Never been to Columbus.

bovine and equine

Crap...I got a room at the Comfort Suites that says it is near the entrance to the Ohio Expo Center.  Hope that isn't too creepy :-\

hntwhitetail

bovine and equine said:
Crap...I got a room at the Comfort Suites that says it is near the entrance to the Ohio Expo Center.  Hope that isn't too creepy :-\

I'd leave the light on....

trevorgreycattleco

I would cancel that if I could. Like I said just north of polaris is a couple chain hotel deals. maybe 10 minutes north of Polaris. The hotel your staying at is where i witnessed lots of black people standing on the street corner holding signs that said "beat whitey" and stuff like that. It made me pretty nervous. i got out of there quickly. Im not a racist person and have several black friends and they even agreed that was just nuts. I doubt they do that again but thats the type of folks that live all around there. Ignorant. The funny thing to me is the Ohio Highway Patrol academy is literally right beside all this. Go figure

PSC

try the red ruff in on 161 we have stayed there for the last two year its not bad it use to be holiday inn ex  dont stay by morse rd they are getting real bad  watch at gas station lot people ask for money  i have number if you need it

farmboy

I've stayed in some decent motels off of 17th avenue. Lots of restaurants close by. They're right off 71. Not very hood like. I'd recommend that area if you don't want to stay in a big fancy hotel

Latest posts