Ohio Maine Bull sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

beefy

was going to try to buy a couple bulls out of this sale. what are everyones opinion on the bulls selling. i like the lautner bull but i know i cant afford him. i am looking for a herd bull for steers and for replacments. what is everones opinions on which ones should be headed out west ?    <cowboy>

mark tenenbaum

Dont spend it all-Mark Mueller diamond m cattle co-DMCC-has a bunch of really good calves-he is still one of the top maine herds in the US-they are calving ease deals-and certainly reasonable compared to a hyped up sale, deal. O0

WFCC

look up the rowe/shat hard core bull.  Also the embryos in the sale are full sibs to hard rock that lautneres bought from the OBE last year!

redwingfarm

I personally saw the kleman Hot commodity calves(1, 12,24) in the fall and was very impressed with the muscle and softness of them.  Klemans have some really nice cattle and aren't a big name so price shouldn't get hyped up.  Plus all of the Hot commodity calves at Jones show catlle sale last nov were dy-na-mite.

RSC

beefy said:
i like 39 and 47 i just hope i can afford both of them    <cowboy>
Read the catelog yesterday,  like the pedigrees of both of them 2. That 47 had me intrigued since Grant's Show Heifer Ruby(Whiskey/Northern Improvement) just dropped a WMW bull calf.  Didn't even notice the name at first untill I showed it to Grant(My oldest Son).  He had already named his bull calf the exact same name.  He looked at the catelog and said OH NO DAD what will we do?  Got a chuckle out of that.  If you don't mind, drop me a PM after the sale and let me know how he sold.  Thanks.

Tony