ok i am really mad

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

ok i was looking through the show box today and i opened the blade box and ever single one of my blades was rusted and stuck to the wool :mad: :mad:. so there goes about 300 bucks out the door. so how do you guys keep ur blades clean and rust free when storing them?? the little blades and sheep blades

pigguy

well while we are talking about blades. what do yo ulike best and why. especially all the new blades for the A-5's??

DLD

Put 'em in a coffee can and add enough diesel to cover them and let them soak for a few days. They should clean up fairly well after that, if they're really bad they might need re-sharpened, but it's still cheaper than buying new ones.

I hardly ever use any clippers besides my 2 speed Andis anymore. I use several different models of blades; X-blocks are definitely the ticket for clipping heavy adhesives (legs, tailheads) but I still use mostly Opti-blocks or plain old blocking blades for most blocking, and I can't be without my 10 wides (they're great for clipping heads, and blending in necks). About the only things I use my old big Stewart sheep heads for is shearing with P2712's (or is it P7112's ?), or with a set of really sharp, beveled 20's when I'm building legs...

SKF

You can send your rusty blades to Oster to be clean and sharpened.

red

we oil them really well & wrap them in the wool & then put into little plastic containers.
bummer on the blades. Take them to a show supply place that does blade sharpening. they should be able to clean them up for you.

Red

pigguy

red said:
we oil them really well & wrap them in the wool & then put into little plastic containers.
bummer on the blades. Take them to a show supply place that does blade sharpening. they should be able to clean them up for you.

Red
thats is what we had them in the little container form premire with oil soaked wool. we have a guy in town that sharpens blades fairly cheap does clipper repaire also. O0 ;D

cattlejunky

We have had good luck keeping them in a vinyl compartment holder for blades.  I think it came from sullivans.  It has a compartments for about 12 blades and folds and snaps so it fits nice in a clipper box.  So far no rust.

cattlejunky

I have a question though.  How do you keep your show halters from getting the green mold on them?  I use a leather cleaner on them and oil them down, but it still comes back.  Do you all keep them in the house during the winter or do yours do the same?

red

I try to store my halters in a dry moisture proof environment. I've too had them mold but those usually have been ones that have been left out. I usually put a good leather conditioner on them at the end of the show season & try to clean them periodicaly during the year. Wiping them off w/ a clean dry cloth after every show helps a great deal.

Red