Then something about being lucky.

high school spanish  O0

dori36

Zach said:
Order now for fall, please!
The hottest smokey bull for fall!
Then something about being lucky.

high school spanish  O0

Looks like they sprinkled in some basic Spanish to go along with his name.  Not very sophisticated, I suppose, but sort of creative.  Btw, not the best English, either, in the small print description on the left side of the flyer.  Oh, well, .....I'm a little "anal" when it comes to language and use of it!

herefordfootball

Bull looks nice, but I dont care much for the spanish writing because I can only translate about 1/4 of it... I guess if you really wanna know you could google it, but when I'm reading the show circuit and run across an ad that I can't read, I'm not going to make the effort to look up what I can't understand, I'm going to move on to the next bull ad.

farmboy

^^^ because google is dumb. did anybody else read that part about korky wise and it says "slick and win" and thought it was suck and win?  (lol)

dori36

FutureBreeder said:
Its not too dumb because it got father than i did on translating it lol

Good one, FB.  I speak a fair amount of Spanish and the problem with translating word by word is that you lose the total meaning that comes through when the whole phrase is translated.  Just like in English. That said, there are several goofs in the copy.  "Mas Caliente" really means 'hotter'.  Hottest would be "El mas caliente".  I'm assuming that the 'del humo' is supposed to mean "smokey" and the 'del otono' , not sure what in the Autumn. And "Otono" needs a tilde over the n ...I don't have one either.  Del is probably not correct word to use to express that. A better way to say "Order now for Fall" would be something like "Pida ahora para el otoño"  The "suerte" part is, I think, trying to say: "Oh, what good luck".  That would be better as "Oh, gue buena suerte!". Or "Aye dios mio, que buena suerte":  OMG, what good luck!  Oh, well, no one's perfect, right?  The take away is that when trying to write in another's language, don't try to express it word by word because it doesn't work very well!

KCK

Zach said:
^^^ because google is dumb. did anybody else read that part about korky wise and it says "slick and win" and thought it was suck and win?  (lol)

Thank you for telling me it DIDN'T say suck and win! I had to zoom in! Not cool:)

CPL

Interesting to say the least. but hey, atleast matt's got his bull being talked about on one of the hottest club calf forums around right?

Diamond

I was looking at the 'what what' and the 'suck' thing going on in it, I couldn’t stop staring at it, it was driving me nuts, so I had to ask lol. I did think the Spanish was a bit off, but not like the suck thing...glad I asked :)