OLD Semen *PICTURES*

Help Support Steer Planet:

shorthorngirl2010

In the passing of an old family friend, my family acquired an amount of White Park semen.  I, nor my mom or grandpa, have any use for the semen.  Females, as well as bull calves out of these bulls have won numerous titles, and from what I gather, were some of the best in the country.  The semen comes from bulls out of the Penetentary herd when the breed came over to the states, and some sires include Castleton Daniel, Hammer Jack & Castleton Frosty.  The semen has been recently checked, and is still good.  If interested or have further questions, please contact me via PM.  
Thanks!
-Sam

OH Breeder

Just a suggestoin. I would place an ad on the British White park web site or contact the Society. I am sure they would have an idea of the price. Castleton Daniel was one of the bulls direct in the 80's to US. You may really have a treasure. Good luck.

shorthorngirl2010

I greatly appreciate the suggestion! However, I've tried contacting them past few days, with no response :(.  But I'm still waiting, thinking maybe I'm just jumping the gun lol.

knabe

shorthorngirl2010 said:
In the passing of an old family friend, my family acquired an amount of White Park semen.  I, nor my mom or grandpa, have any use for the semen.  Females, as well as bull calves out of these bulls have won numerous titles, and from what I gather, were some of the best in the country.  The semen comes from bulls out of the Penetentary herd when the breed came over to the states, and some sires include Castleton Daniel, Hammer Jack & Castleton Fortune.  The semen has been recently checked, and is still good.  If interested or have further questions, please contact me via PM. 
Thanks!
-Sam

not sure if these are the same, but

http://www.britishwhite.org/member_websites/cramer.htm

mark "knabe"

shorthorngirl2010

Actually, hired hand played a naughty joke a few years ago.  AI'd grandpas favorite cow to Hammer Jack, and refused to tell anybody until the calf hit the ground.  He looked like an alien amongst the rest of the calves, black and white (much like the speckle parks.. lol) calf in a whole herd of blacks.  Gotta say though, he would have made the big end of steers that year, had he not been sorted off because of color.. lol
-Sam

dell

I would be interested in the white park semen. how much do you have? call me at 443-398-4287

SHSDLD!

Im very interested in the semen. how much do u have. if u still have it give me a call 530-526-3385

shorthorngirl2010

Did inventory today for final straw counts & sire selection.  List as follows:
UNITS                                              CANE CODE                            STUD                        COLLECTION YEAR
    1                                                    83WP193            Harswell Crackerjack N551                  1987
    5                                                      1577            Castleton Daniel 1557 256-85-GB          unknown
  19                                                83WP1186                    Castleon Daniel                          1984
  47                                                106WP7513              Castleton Frosty U7513                    1994
  63                                                138WP260    Castleton Daniel [same bull as WP1186]        1987
  63                                                  83WP666                    Hammer Jack H440                        1983
Again, still waiting on help from the British White Park Association  and I apologize greatly for the inconvience.  Main reason for the hold up is I want to be 100% sure that the buyer(s) get their moneys worth, & we get what is fair.  Simply want it to be fair on both ends.  If you have any further questions please feel free to PM me.  I will attach pictures so everybody knows the quality these animals were (will include dates when provided).  Thanks for everybody that has shown interest thus far!
Thank you!
-Sammie

shorthorngirl2010

"Castleton Daniel" -- date unknown
CastletonDaniel.jpg

"Castleton Daniel" -- calf in picture sired by Castleton Daniel -- date unknown
CastletonDanielw-cowprogeny.jpg

"Castleton Frosty" -- 'Final picture of Frosty' August 15, 1994
Frosty-FinalPicture.jpg

"Hammer Jack H440" -- July 1981
HammerJack.jpg

shorthorngirl2010

Figured I may as well add pictures of progeny as well <beer>

"Bud" -- Daniel son I BELIEVE- dated March 7, 1995
Bud.jpg

Castleton Daniel daughter -- taken mid 90's
DanielFemale.jpg

Hammer Jack R Lacy -- Hammer Jack daughter -- dated 1994
HammerJackHeifer.jpg

I believe the picture reads 'Crackerjack daughter', but can't read hand writing for sure -- unsure of year
championheifer.jpg

Gentlemen's (who owned semen previously) herd in 1994.  Most bloodlines of semen selling are included in these females in some way.
CowHerd94.jpg

kfacres

IMO  you would be best off contacting some sort of the breed association.. or getting a breeders directory and emailing the breeders on a personal note...  I doubt many, if any people on here would be more interested than just to see and read!

knabe

did you contact both sites i listed?  the one in san luis obispo has been doing it for at least 25 years.

shorthorngirl2010

Yes, I did.  I e-mailed the TX link, and tried to call the other, but it said phone had been disconnected.  So, keep trying till I get help & get it sold.